cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message: "Your Pandora session timed out"

Frogs_nStars58
Local Performer

This is literally my daily medicine, but it WILL NOT WORK after this update, Keeps saying session stopped, close app And refuses to stay on. I've deleted the app and reinstalled, logged out, logged back in everything I could think of. Going to have to cancel my subscription, No point in paying for something that won't work. Can't really take my xbox, which is the only thing working with it, everywhere with me. Not happy, not happy at all.  

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora

Pandora Update (03/23/2021): Hey everyone 👋

If you're still experiencing this issue after updating to Pandora App Version 2101.1 and clearing your app data, please post on this thread with the requested information: Session Timed Out Error on 2102.1.1.

I am closing this thread to prevent duplicate posts.

We've escalated this to our engineering team and are actively tracking your reports of this issue.

Thanks so much for being a part of the Pandora Community! :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

243 Replies

AdamPandora

@Frogs_nStars58 Sorry for any trouble.

Running through the troubleshooting steps listed on our help page should resolve this.

If not, can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of the error message that is popping up?

Thanks for all your help with thsi!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

Daniel-alger
Local Performer

Each time I run the app I get this message. When I click the app exits.

AdamPandora

@Daniel-alger I recommend running through the troubleshooting steps provided on our help page as this should resolve this issue. 

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Gritz7
Local Performer

I'm  Having the same miss you. Pandora says my session has timed out.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Gritz7. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community space organized.

Would you mind trying out the steps from @AdamPandora's post here?

Let me know if this helps with that error message you're seeing. 🎧

0 Kudos

havasushari
Local Performer

Help Please. I keep getting the following message on my note 10

your session has timed out.

I've uninstalled and re-installed several times.

thank you 🙂

AdamPandora

@havasushari I moved your post to this thread since you are experiencing a similar issue.

I recommend running through the troubleshooting steps provided on our help page as this should resolve this issue. 

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

thomas_dobozy
Local Performer

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the app and still getting the error.

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @thomas_dobozy. 👋

Since you're experiencing a similar issue, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Error Message: "Your Pandora session timed out"

Troubleshooting:

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear App Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

++

Additional Troubleshooting:

We have received reports that clearing the app data has helped with this issue.

You can also try uninstalling / reinstalling the Pandora app on your Android device.

Another option that could help is checking your battery optimization. When updating the OS on Android devices, the battery optimization on all apps may be automatically turned back on by default. This can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded. Due to the sheer volume of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for each and every device. I recommend looking up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app.

If you own a Samsung device, you may also want to check your Sleeping Apps settings.

Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

Pgnklr2
Local Performer

App won't work, Uninstalled and I still get the same error. I see dozens of posts about it but no solutions. Help!!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Pgnklr2. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this error message. To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Error Message: "Your Pandora session timed out"

In the meantime, I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.

Let's try running through the steps in my post here.

Feel free to let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Pgnklr2
Local Performer

Clearing data from the settings in app management in Android settings fixed it

AlyssaPandora

@Pgnklr2 Awesome! So glad to hear that helped with the error message.

Please let me know if anything else pops up, I'm always happy to help. 😄

0 Kudos

Shira
Local Performer

Screenshot_20200907-212138.png

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @Shira. 👋

Looks like you're encountering the same error message.

Would you mind trying out my steps from the accepted solution of this thread here?

Let me know if you continue to have trouble. 🎧

0 Kudos

cherish22
Local Performer

I have the same issue? anything working yet? i cleared the cashe and data... still no goos

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@cherish22 If you've already ran through the troubleshooting suggestions provided in the accepted solution to this thread, I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team.

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

0 Kudos

Taswick123
Local Performer

Thank you so much this worked for me.

AlyssaPandora

Glad to hear it, @Taswick123. Thanks so much for letting us know.

It sounds like you're all set now. Happy listening! 😊

0 Kudos