cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Can't Edit Thumbs - "Technical Difficulties" Error

rplst8
Local Performer

Recently I've noticed that when I'm using Pandora on my Android device the thumbs up and down functions do not work correctly.  The scenario is as follows.  If I play a station and wait for a couple of songs to play and finish, and then go back in the history and modify the thumbs up/down for older songs, I will sometimes get an error that says "We're having unexpected technical difficulties."  Repeated thumbs up on the same song will eventually set or clear the thumbs up, however it affects the thumbs up status for other songs!

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @rplst8. 👋

Thanks for reporting this issue.

I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account. Feel free to try running through the basic steps which includes clearing your Pandora app data here: Android Troubleshooting

I'd like to share this with our Android engineers. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks for your help with this! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

rplst8
Local Performer

Alyssa,

I reset the app by clearing all the data and cache and the uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

After I saw your message, I created a station based on "Rock you like a Hurricane" by Scorpions.  I let a few songs play, then scrolled back in history and thumbs upped "Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution" but the "thumb" didn't "stick". I went back one more in history and thumbs upped "Dance the Night Away". Same result.  I clicked thumbs up on "Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution" one more time then went back to "Now Playing" and it had a thumbs up set in a song by Firehouse.

I then disconnected from my Chromecast, and came here to respond.  When I went back to the app, the Firehouse song no longer had a thumbs up, but the other two songs did. 

Motorola Z4, Android 10, Verizon, Pandora version 2110.1

I'm on wifi at home when I've noticed it happen, usually connected to Chromecast.  However, once a station does it, it continues after disconnecting.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is really helpful, @rplst8. Thanks for providing those details. I've gone ahead and shared this info with our engineering team on an internal ticket. We appreciate your patience while they look into this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Jessica1
Opening Act

"Unexpected technical difficulties" has been happening when I try to edit thumbs in the app for years

0 Kudos

Jessica1
Opening Act

I've been getting "an unexpected error occured" error messages for years now when I try to edit thumbs on the android app. Is this ever going to get fixed?

0 Kudos