cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exiting the Pandora App / Turning it Off

Jameschisholm
Local Performer

I love pandora but can find no way to stop it playing when through listening.  There is no BLUE box at bottom, and no hamburger menu, as is told me by Google.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Jameschisholm Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

You can exit the app by navigating to the Recent Apps menu, finding the Pandora app and then swiping it away. 

However, generally there's no need to do all this -- you can simply leave Pandora paused. If Pandora is in the background, re-launch Pandora, then just press the pause button and background the app again. When Pandora is paused, it will use minimal data and battery, and the Android system will automatically close apps as it needs.

Hope this helps.

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
38 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Jameschisholm Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

You can exit the app by navigating to the Recent Apps menu, finding the Pandora app and then swiping it away. 

However, generally there's no need to do all this -- you can simply leave Pandora paused. If Pandora is in the background, re-launch Pandora, then just press the pause button and background the app again. When Pandora is paused, it will use minimal data and battery, and the Android system will automatically close apps as it needs.

Hope this helps.

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

EK
Local Performer

Turning Pandora on and off

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @EK!

I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy. 

@TannerPandora has listed steps above to help with exiting the app.

When you would like to listen again, you can launch the Pandora app and begin a new listening session.

Hope this helps answer your question. Thanks for being apart of the community! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

angryeagle92
Local Performer
This information is HORRIBLE! It is NOT helpful. It does NOT resolve the issue, not does it answer the quaetion posed. Where is the TURN OFF button? Why can I NOT turn off music?

angryeagle92
Local Performer

Pandora is NOT user friendly!!!

mwbold
Local Performer
I agree that the app is silly. Put back a quit option. I have started to use other apps because I was restarting my phone to get the app to just shut off. There was a drop down menu with a quit for when I was done. Silly but so annoying I canceled my paid sub that I had with my family as well.

dougboone5
Local Performer

This may be a surprise to you but not everyone is using an iPhone. The question is specifically about Android but you explain how to shut it down on iPhone. I don't want Pandora running all the time. I don't want it using up battery. When I select to close all running apps on my android phone I am including Pandora. Knock it off. If the only option is to cancel my subscription then that's what I will do. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @dougboone5. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community! :pandora:

I moved your post over to the Android space to keep the community organized.

You should be able to completely exit the Pandora app from your Android device.

Let me know if you continue to run into trouble with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Dadof4
Local Performer

I have the same issue on my Android

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Dadof4. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community space organized.

Please check out my message about exiting the Pandora app on your Android device here.

I hope this is helpful. 🎧

0 Kudos

pdeb966117
Local Performer

Agreed. So lame that i have to go to my system app to turn this thing off. I rarely use it on my cell 

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @pdeb966117. 👋

In order to quit the app, you can exit the app by navigating to the Recent Apps menu, finding the Pandora app and then swiping it away. 

If you continue to have trouble, feel free to let us know.

Thanks for posting on the Pandora Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

Vampire1
Local Performer

Hello All,

I migrated away from Pandora some time ago because I needed to perform too many tasks to simply shut down Pandora on-the-fly, and it would randomly start to play music when I was in crucial meetings (or tasks) at work. HA HA as some would say, but my work is no joke. Therefore, I deleted the app for safety... Problem solved :-).

I have once again decided to try Pandora, hoping engineering had addressed these problems, as I had seen/heard of the identical complaints, and assumed it would be addressed, but looks like there's been no resolution. I have had zero problems with my android phone, until I started using Pandora a few days ago, until I got stuck out of town (on the road) with power problems. After an unproductive lost evening tracking down my service provider to solve my problem with my battery and a replacement, we realized there is no problem with my phone, nor my battery. Pandora was the culprit, as it would continue to run in the background.

Unless Pandora provides an on-the-fly provision to shut down Pandora when I need total focus, and unfettered commitment to a task at hand, I will explore my options, and take my advertiser support dollars elsewhere.

(Provide a one step close ("CLOSE", not standby) on Pandora control panel. My phone - therefore I determine what stays running, not Pandora)

Sincerely,

Vampire1 - Flight Engineering (xxx incorporated)

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Vampire1. 👋

Nice to see you around the community. 

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Exiting the Pandora App / Turning it Off

You can exit the app by navigating to the Recent Apps menu, finding the Pandora app and then swiping it away from your Android device, to quit. 

If you'd like to see a one-step close within the actual Pandora app, feel free to create a feature request for your suggestion here.

Thanks so much for your feedback about this! :pandora:

IdoMiz
Underground

By the end of the day my battery is drained.

When looking for better usage I found that the app is active for a long time and was never in background mode.

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @IdoMiz. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community! Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this.

Feel free to check out my message about how to exit the Pandora app here.

If you still have trouble with this when you exit the app, please let me know. 

0 Kudos

IdoMiz
Underground

Hi @AlyssaPandora,

Thanks for the reply. The things is that I usually don't turn on or off the app, when I turn my car on the Bluetooth connects automatically and uses my Pandora to play.

Until a while ago, when I would turn off the car, Pandora would stop and go to background- but not any more sadly.

I don't want to actively turn off the app every time. 

Hope there is a solution.

Thanks again,

Ido

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@IdoMiz Thanks for the follow up.

In the meantime, let's try running through these steps as I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account to see what's happening. The trace will be helpful in case we need to report this to engineering.

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

++

If you still have the same issue, could you share a bit more info?

Does the app disconnect from your car and continue to play on on your phone until you stop playback?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

IdoMiz
Underground

Hi @AlyssaPandora ,

I just cleared the app data and let you know if it worked. (that's after clearing catch a few days ago which didn't do the trick.)

Other then not  going into background and draining battery the app works great. It starts and stops automatically when connecting and disconnecting my car media console.

Hope to report good news tomorrow,

Ido