cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Google Clock App with Pandora Alarm

Tatakh
Underground

I have the google clock app on my android hooked up with pandora alarm. Why is it that the alarm only works on some mornings and not others? Why doesn't it go off every morning like it used to?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tatakh
Underground

It worked this morning. Keeping my fingers crossed for my daily alarms from Pandora. 🙂

View solution in original post

8 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Tatakh. 👋

I moved your post to separate thread to keep the community organized.

First, I would recommend ensuring that you're updated to the latest version of the Google Clock app on your device.

Then, please be sure that you're also updated to the newest version of the Pandora app.

++

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device:

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. Touch the menu icon in the upper left and select My apps & games.
  3. Apps with available updates are labeled Update.
  4. Choose any appropriate apps and tap Update.

Please note: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

Let me know how it goes.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

Tatakh
Underground
I did as you suggested and noticed that 6 apps were recently updated ether 8 hours ago, yesterday, or two days ago. Google and Pandora were updated 2 days ago. The alarm did not go off this morning "Monday". It did go off yesterday. I will try restarting my Android to see if that does anything.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tatakh Sounds good.

Feel free to add any updates directly to the this thread.

Hope it's back up and running for you! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

Tatakh
Underground

It worked this morning. Keeping my fingers crossed for my daily alarms from Pandora. 🙂

scQue814
Diamond in the Rough

In the past 30 days, the alarm launched only 3 times. No logic to when it does or does not work. Android 9 pie on blackview-5900. Also previously on an ulefone 6e.

However, the legacy version of pandora I have on an old samsung s5 (running 7 nougat--the best version of android to date!) still has the old embedded alarm clock and works perfectly every time. Why would you change that? Why let google get its fingers into pandora or vice-versa?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@scQue814 Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

Based off of the above interaction between @AlyssaPandora and @Tatakh, it sounds like both updating the Pandora app to the latest version, as well as restarting your Android device will resolve this.

Please give that a try and let us know if you continue to run into issues with this. 

0 Kudos

alex29591234
Local Performer

I have this same problem and everything is updated, When it doesn't use Pandora app it picks the loudest alarm to use

0 Kudos

Fastxn
Local Performer

Clock app keeps telling me to update Pandora. Tried reloading both clock and Pandora apps, updated through app settings on tablet, still telling me to update?? 

Samsung SMT510 Tablet

0 Kudos