cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: How Do I Download Music to SD Card?

el49
Opening Act

downloading music to sd card, can it be done Pandora?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Frodo7-4 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How Do I Download Music to SD Card?

Storing music from Pandora on an external memory card for offline listening is not currently a feature. 

Ad-supported Pandora and Pandora Plus are licensed as streaming radio services. Although Pandora Plus offers the ability to listen to up to four stations offline, no downloading or stream-ripping is permitted per our licensing.

That said, Pandora Premium, which combines our radio service with on-demand listening, allows subscribers to listen to specific songs, albums, playlists, and certain content offline. If you'd prefer to download music for your personal collection, we recommend buying it from an online music store or authorized retailer. Let me know if you'd like more information about this.

In the meantime, you can upvote this existing feature request here: Downloading to SD Card

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

17 Replies

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great question, @el49🤔

Storing music on an external memory card for offline listening is not currently a feature. If you're interested in offline mode, I recommend checking out @AlyssaPandora's post in this thread.

Additionally, it looks like we have an existing idea in our Feature Requests board titled: Downloading to SD Card. I suggest voting for the idea as the more votes, the more likely we are to share this with our Product Teams. 

I hope to see you around often! :pandora:

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

TheDoctor
Local Performer

I have a phone with an internal storage of 16GB most of which is taken up by apps and system data, so I have an SD card that is basically empty, but there isn't an option to download songs to my SD card, and when I try to download it says that there is no space for the download. If possible I would like to know if that function could be added.

Terry49
Local Performer

Anyone know how to move your Playlist to your phone files 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Terry49. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. 

Storing music from Pandora on an external memory card for offline listening is not currently a feature. 

Ad-supported Pandora and Pandora Plus are licensed as streaming radio services. Although Pandora Plus offers the ability to listen to up to four stations offline, no downloading or stream-ripping is permitted per our licensing.

That said, Pandora Premium, which combines our radio service with on-demand listening, allows subscribers to listen to specific songs, albums, playlists, and certain content offline. If you'd prefer to download music for your personal collection, we recommend buying it from an online music store or authorized retailer. Let me know if you'd like more information about this.

In the meantime, you can upvote this existing feature request here: Downloading to SD Card

Hope this helps! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

hunttrex
Local Performer

Wow - Just joined Premium no feature to put downloads on a SD card?  "We recommend buying it" if you want to download.    What kind of answer is that?    If I'm a subscriber I should be able to have downloaded content where I want it.   Just like Spotify allowed me...   This should not even be a "feature" request, should have been standard option with Premium.   

Mhubachek
Local Performer

Why does this even have to be a voted topic? This should be standard. As long as I'm paying for a subscription service I should have the ability to store my music where I want.

Damian_V
Local Performer

If you integrate your sd card to your phone's internal memory it solves this issue. Format your sd card to your phone by going into settings select storage options select SD card then format. This will wipe the card memory ,but it will be integrated with your phone memory for use afterwards.

Frodo7-4
Local Performer

My Pandora premium account keeps telling me "there is not enough space to download playlist", when I've literally deleted every last single playlist on my entire account other than two and they only have a total of 200 songs between the both of the playlists... Why will it not let me download my playlist anymore? It never had a storage issue ever once until after a recent update it downloaded , as before the update I literally had close to 100 playlists , and each playlist almost had over easily 2 to 300 songs on it ... And as faras storage space for the app goes, it is not an issue or at least it SHOULDN'T B an issue, as I have a 500 GB SD card that only has 135 gigs used currently... I cannot transfer back to my phone storage, because it only has two gigs left on it's storage, so it will have to stay on my SD card, but if there is no room to download playlists, how come I have over 300 gigabytes of storage remaining and it can't download a single playlist that's even only two songs long?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Frodo7-4 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How Do I Download Music to SD Card?

Hope this helps!

drrandy54
Local Performer

I have a desktop computer and have pandora on it and I want to download music from it to a flashdrive

0 Kudos

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@drrandy54 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How Do I Download Music to SD Card?

Check out @AdamPandora's post for options and thanks for taking the time to post on the community. I hope to see you around more often.

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

Superbiker
Local Performer

Totally agree.  I guess I will be canceling my subscription.  Spotify it is. 

kingtuna
Local Performer

Nope, doesn't work!  Pandora still differentiates  between SD and internal despite formatting the SD as internal.  

nchortons
Local Performer

I have same problem. Need to store offline photos and music to my phone's SD card.

0 Kudos

fritzkocher
Local Performer

so its been about a year since you last posted here about this subject. so did you fix the problwm so we can move data to SD card to free up internal drive?

0 Kudos

Damian_V
Local Performer
I merged the 238 GB memory card with the internal memory of my phone so
they both work as internal storage.

fritzkocher
Local Performer

wow thats awesomeWow thats awesome! Can you please tell me how to do that? I can move pandora itself to the sd card but none of the songs transfer over to the sd card. If you could help me I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you. - andy

mod edit: format

0 Kudos