cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock Screen Controls on Samsung Galaxy

agonzalez1661
Local Performer

After last update to S10+ a few days ago, the replay function on the lock screen widget is "shaded out" and will not work... Was working prior to update. Have not been able to figure out a solution. Replay function on the actual app still working, though. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

yeaja2
Local Performer

Go to Settings, then Lock Screen settings, then Face Widgets. Disable Music. Worked for me. 

View solution in original post

48 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @agonzalez1661👋

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to thumb or replay from your lock screen widget as this is not currently a feature.

You should see something similar (depending on your Android device) to the screenshot I've posted below.

screenshot_20191223-081024.png

++

I would recommend creating a feature request here. If you'd like to see this idea implemented, be sure to click on the  ❤️icon next to the title of the request on the main Feature Request page. 

Thanks so much for posting on the community! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Guioningram
Local Performer

How do I control my music from my lock screen running android 10???

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @Guioningram. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread as it may be helpful.

Please check out my message regarding your lock screen controls.

Thanks so much for posting on the community! 🎶

0 Kudos

Mattkunz34
Local Performer
My Galaxy S10+ just did a system update and I've lost the ability to replay songs from my locked screen. The back arrow is now gray and used to be white like the skip arrow. Anyone else having issues? I have tried deleting data from the app and cache and it still doesnt work.
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Mattkunz34 thanks for posting to community! Can you do me a favor and send over a screenshot of what you're seeing? 

Thanks! 👍

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Mattkunz34
Local Performer

Screenshot_20200103-154839_Pandora.jpg

0 Kudos

Hunter123xx
Local Performer

This just deletes all downloaded stations, and still didnt fix the issue of my skip and replay buttons not working on my lock screen of my s 10+

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @Hunter123xx. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community organized.

Check out my message regarding your lock screen controls here.

If you're still having trouble with the skip button, could you post a screenshot of what it looks like for you?

Let me know.  👍

0 Kudos

Savage
Local Performer

This did not work for my pandora account... so when I lock my phone I can just pull up the always on function and usually have a play/pause button a skip forward button and a replay/skip back button but the replay/skip button is not lite up... I have had pandora on this phone for almost a year already and never had this problem before

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @Savage. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble.

What is the model of your device?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Savage
Local Performer

Galaxy s10+

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@Savage Thanks for providing that info.

I moved your post over to this thread as other listeners have mentioned this on the community.

Feel free to check out my post about the controls here. 📱

0 Kudos

DeeSwayzee
Local Performer

I am having an issue skipping songs when the phone is locked. I was always able to do this before android 10 update. I have a Samsung S10+ as well.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@DeeSwayzee I recommend checking out the message @AlyssaPandora posted regarding your lock screen controls here.

If you're still having trouble with the skip button, could you post a screenshot of what it looks like for you?

Thanks for the help with this! 

Adam | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @Mattkunz34. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread as other listeners have mentioned this.

Please check out my post about lock screen controls here.

We do have an existing feature request for more lock screen controls on Android devices. It sounds like you'd be interested in this option.

Thanks so much for posting on the community! 🎧

0 Kudos

Itsneesh
Local Performer

Hi. I have a Galaxy S9 and my lock screen resembles the picture you posted, however the options to SKIP songs have been grayed out and I can't select them (see picture attached). This didn't happen until my phone updated recently. Is there a way to change back to it's original format? 

Screenshot_20200219-214243_Chrome.jpg

AdamPandora

@Itsneesh Can you please do me a favor and send us a little more information about how you are listening when the skip functions are greyed out in the lock screen?

To clarify, did you search for that specific song and then click on play?

Or were you listening to a playlist, album, or one of your created radio stations when the skip buttons on the lock screen were greyed out?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also, if you can reproduce this one more time, can you please send me two additional screenshots so I can look into this further? 

Please send:

• A screenshot of the lock screen displaying the greyed out skip functions
  • A screenshot of the now playing screen in the app 

Thanks for all your help with this! 

Adam | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

Jezadez
Local Performer

With the new update, There is no longer an option to go back or replay a song from the lock screen. There is a back arrow which is grey and does not work! This is extremely annoying! Why was this left out of the update! No reason to have to unlock the phone to replay a song, a feature I pay for!

mod edit: format

Tjknitt
Local Performer
  • Mine is doing the same the keys are grayed out no matter what station or playlist I'm on.Screenshot_20200303-145719_Pandora.jpg

Screenshot_20200303-145723_Pandora.jpg

0 Kudos