cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Music Player Lock Screen Controls Missing

Bethyakascooby
Local Performer

My Google Pixel 3a won't show Pandora pause and skip buttons on my lock screen.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Alice920 @Drenice. 👋

Please keep in mind, widgets will disappear and become inoperable if installed to the SD card. You will need to keep the app installed to the phone's local memory and the widget should work fine.

++

Could you check lock screen setting to see if your widget has music enabled?

This may have turned off when your phone updated to Android 12.

Go to Settings > Lock Screen > Widgets has Music Enabled

++

For Pandora, please make sure both "App Notifications" and "App Icon Badges" are enabled for the app. 

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Bethyakascooby!

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the community. 

Please keep in mind, widgets will disappear and become inoperable if installed to the SD card. You will need to keep the app installed to the phone's local memory and the widget should work fine.

++

If you're still having issues with those buttons missing on your lock screen, please run through the standard troubleshooting steps listed in this article.

Let me know if this helps!

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

JoelC92
Local Performer

Usually with a music app, the music player will show up on your lock screen allowing basic controls. It'll show up for me when I first turn my phone on, but after that it goes away and doesn't come back. I already checked my lock screen and notification settings, I feel like this is tied to whatever bug is fading out the skip and repeat buttons too. Please look into it, I relied heavily on this feature and I'll probably go back to Amazon or Spotify if it doesn't get fixed.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JoelC92 I recommend running through our Basic and Advanced Troubleshooting for Android Devices if you haven't yet already.

If you continue to experience issues with this, can you please send over a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for all your help with this. 

0 Kudos

Gunnarfuchs0628
Local Performer

So I finally broke down n paid for Pandora premium and now Pandora won't show up on my lock screen like it did in the free version. Is there a way to fix this? I'm really enjoying the unlimited skips and no ads.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gunnarfuchs0628 Thanks for posting this feedback to the community. 

I recommend running through our Basic and Advanced Troubleshooting for Android Devices if you haven't yet already.

If you continue to experience issues with this, can you please send over a screenshot of what your lock screen looks like while a song is playing in the Pandora app?

Thanks for all your help with this. 🤝

0 Kudos

AmberL11
Local Performer

When Pandora is playing I see the basic controls on my lock screen. If I pause it and the screen times out, it won't bring back the controls. It just disappears entirely. Is there a way to keep it active on the lock screen without having to unlock my phone to resume play?

Samsung Galaxy Note 10

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @AmberL11. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: Music Player / Lock Screen Controls Missing

Please check out the accepted solution for this thread here. I would recommend running through the standard troubleshooting steps in this article.

Let me know if this helps! 🎧

0 Kudos

JustBer87
Local Performer

Seriously is there an update on this bug. It's very annoying to have to unlock the phone and open the app skip or repeat a song. Please don't recommend the trouble shooting options, been there, done that, and it doesn't work. Maybe instead of giving the same poor response get the engineers to do their jobs and fix the bug! 

ScottA1
Local Performer

Hey, same issue... No music controls on my lock screen... I have to unlock my phone and swipe down the status bar to skip songs.. I have completed all the recommended steps and still not working.. I have android 11 LG v60

ScottA1
Local Performer

Yay!! I fixed mine!! So.. I completely disabled all notifications in the app settings.. Force stopped the app, cleared the cache, then re-enabled all notifications ... And now I have my control widget... Hope this helps others

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @ScottA1. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about this. Glad to hear that you were able to fix this using the steps to disable your notifications from your app settings. I'm sure this will help other listeners experiencing this issue. 👍

0 Kudos

Alice920
Local Performer

Please post the solution to this. I have tried all the troubleshooting including deleting my app and reinstalling. 

0 Kudos

Drenice
Local Performer

I have android ver 12 and  just updated to the lasted version of pandora. How can i get music controls on my lockscreen?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Alice920 @Drenice. 👋

++

++

For Pandora, please make sure both "App Notifications" and "App Icon Badges" are enabled for the app. 

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

0 Kudos

Alice920
Local Performer
THANK YOU!!!!!  I have spent 2 days looking for a fix and changing settings on my phone. I thought I had messed with the widget settings yesterday and it still was not working, but now it does. Cheers!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome! So glad to hear those steps helped, @Alice920

Happy listening! 🎧

0 Kudos

TN1
Local Performer

Still no change. Tried all of the above and still no options for Pandora on Lock screen.

Is there a new fix because this is getting annoying.  App is on internal storage.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TN1 I took a look at your account, and it doesn't appear you've ran through these troubleshooting steps yet: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

I am also not sure if you already ran through the steps @AlyssaPandora suggested above as well: 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

If neither of the above resolve the issue for you, I'd like to report your experience to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Lastly, please attach a screenshot of what you see on your lock screen.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

DAMDAMAN
Local Performer

I always assumed that the music controls were gone when the Lock Screen timed out after the music was paused. I just realized that if I swipe the clock to the left, the controls are there.