cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Auto - Low Volume

drakand
Underground

Hello, I have a 2017 Audi A4 and when using Andriod Auto I get very low volume with Pandora. I've tried disabling Google assistant and turning all volumes on the phone up and it's still extremely low. Any help would be appreciated.

Pandora
Version 2005.2

Android Auto
Version 5.3.501644

Android Version 10

Labels (2)
18 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @drakand - thanks for posting to community!

How is your phone connected in your car, Bluetooth or USB?

If it's Bluetooth, try re-pairing the connection between your car and the phone.

To remove the pairing, please go into the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, find the appropriate connection, and select "Forget this device."

Once you've done so, refer to your car's manual for the steps to reconnect the car system to your phone. Using the Voice Commands for your unit (if available) is often the easiest way to do this.

Let me know. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

drakand
Underground

It's actually connected via USB. 

TannerPandora

Let's try clearing the app data @drakand.

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

*Please Note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. 

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Let me know how it goes. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

drakand
Underground

I cleared the cache, and data from both Andriod Auto and Pandora, and the issue is still ongoing. I also took the extra step of unpairing everything and deleting all the connections and it's still low volume on Pandora. 

TannerPandora

Thanks for trying @drakand.

I've gone ahead and created a ticket for our engineers and passed on your info for them to investigate further. 

Can you do me a favor and connect to your Audi via Bluetooth only, no Android Auto and let me know if the volume is still low. 

Thanks for your patience while we look into this. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

drakand
Underground

Via Bluetooth the Audio is fine. It's just when I use Andriod Auto. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

👍🏻Perf, thanks @drakand

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

traceydoo
Local Performer

I have the same issue when connected via USB.  I have not check with Bluetooth only.  I have 2018 Gmc Terrain.

TannerPandora

Hi @traceydoo! Thanks for posting your experience. 

I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Thanks for the help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

drakand
Underground

This issue is still ongoing and now it's also occurring with bluetooth

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@drakand Thank you for letting us know. We've reported this over to our engineering team further review. 

Appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

CHL007
Underground

This information is not helpful. I have a Android phone ( NOTE 20 ultra) and a brand new Lincoln. All my other apps the music level is much louder (spotify, apple music etc...) This is a new issue. Please fix it.

Same issue here. Low volume from pandora app only. Every other app is fine.

Phone: Samsung Note 20 ultra

Car: 2020 Lincoln MKZ with Android auto

This is a new-ish problem over the last few months. Please fix it.

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @CHL007. 👋

I moved your post over to a separate thread as you're using an Android device. 

Could you share a few more details about what's happening?

• Do this issue only happen when you're connected in your vehicle? 
    • How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)
    • Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?
  • Or, does this issue occur when you listen from your Note 21 Ultra individually (not connected to anything)? 
  • Have you received any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know, and I can follow up with you. 🎧

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Chip6380
Local Performer

Same here 

2019 Ram 2500 w/ wired USB

Samsung s10+ running Android 12.0

0 Kudos

CHL007
Underground

What thread is this moved to? I see so many people with this problem and you ask all the stupid questions (does this happen with other apps, etc...) NO, this does not happen with other apps. No error messages etc. It's something inherent to the Pandora app and Android auto/Bluetooth. I see all you have done is lock all of the other conversations and given no answer or solution. Address the problem and fix it! It's no wonder Pandora is almost going out of business. It's being run by morons...

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @CHL007. 👋

This thread hasn't been archived. Since you are using an Android in your vehicle device, I moved your post from the iOS section to separate thread of the community to keep everything organized. 

Looks like we didn't receive a follow up until recently with the requested information about how you're connected in your vehicle. We're always happy to help and would like to keep the community space a welcoming place for all. 

Something to note, we don't alter music equalization on Pandora from how it appears on the original releases, unlike terrestrial radio, which compresses the entire broadcast. As a result, some songs sound louder than others. However, we do use the Replay Gain technique that encodes a fixed volume adjustment into the mp3/mp4 header so that the actual player (web browser, phone or device) can adjust volume just as the track begins playing. If there are vast differences, it could also be due to different instrumentation or arrangements causing different apparent levels of volume where the actual decibel levels are the same.

++

• What is the make and year of your Lincoln vehicle?
  • If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?
Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

0 Kudos

Jellmanxb
Local Performer

Ditto to the previous comment, Pandora music volume is too low, don't give the same click and paste answer you've given to all the previous comments. Obviously it's a problem,I've recently experienced, I don't know what happened but a few months ago I noticed my volume on Pandora being very low even though I had the volume on my phone all the way up. First I noticed it on my blue tooth headphones then on the amp at work that we plug our phones in to play over the speakers. It isn't a setting or anything else,it's Pandora. I'm cancelling my premium service, goodbye Pandora, hello Spotify

MrJohn
Local Performer

This problem has been around for several years, it's now 2023 and my brand new Audi SQ5 has this issue.

Has anyone from Pandora figured out what the hell is wrong so we can fix it?

Definitely started for me just about 2 months ago. What the hell is Pandora doing about this rampant issue?

Moderator Edit: Merged posts