cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music plays at low volume

TenderT1965
Local Performer

I have the same problem.  Pandora  Mobile app  volume is low (with or without earbuds, in the car, on speaker, etc.  Its sad, and I've been searching  for a solution for at least a month.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @TenderT1965. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the music playing at a low volume. I moved your post over to the Android space after taking a look at your Pandora account.

Please keep in mind, we don't alter music equalization on Pandora from how it appears on the original releases, unlike terrestrial radio, which compresses the entire broadcast.

• As a result, some songs sound louder than others. However, we do use the Replay Gain technique that encodes a fixed volume adjustment into the mp3/mp4 header so that the actual player (web browser, phone or device) can adjust volume just as the track begins playing.
  • If there are vast differences, it could also be due to different instrumentation or arrangements causing different apparent levels of volume where the actual decibel levels are the same.

++

If this appears to be something different, let's try running through the basic / advanced troubleshooting steps. I've enabled a trace on your account just in case we need to report this issue.

Feel free to keep me updated on whether these steps help.

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

rickfalz
Local Performer

sometimes the songs are louder then others.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @rickfalz. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community!

Sorry to hear that you're having a similar experience to @TenderT1965 with your volume levels when listening from an Android device.

Please check out my post regarding this here

You can also try running through the troubleshooting steps if this issue suddenly occurred recently.

Feel free to follow up with me by replying directly to this thread. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

grindfam32
Local Performer

I am having the same issue and it is frustrating that since March 2020, the issue has yet to be resolve.  If anyone has found a solution, please post.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@grindfam32 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

Please check out @AlyssaPandora's  post regarding this issue here

I also recommend running through the troubleshooting steps if you haven't already done so.

Let me know how it goes.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Meme_Cop
Local Performer

Yeah, same thing’s been happening to me, but not always, sometimes it goes quiet for one song, but when I turn the volume all the way down and then plug in my earbuds again, it’s fixed. Not permanently though. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Meme_Cop It looks like you posted on a thread specific for Android users, however I do not see any Android devices associated with your account.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos