cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora App Shuts Off

Crazylegs1975
Local Performer

My phone recently "updated" and now, when I'm playing pandora, every time the screen goes to something different than what's currently playing it shuts off. I have to reopen the app and/or go back to the now playing screen. This is extremely frustrating!!! I can't find in the settings anywhere to change anything back to where it'll work properly and u don't want to uninstall and reinstall because I'll lose all my downloads for offline use. I've had, and been paying for, this app for a couple years now and have accumulated a lot of music. Everyone keeps telling me pandora is junk and I should go to Spotify or another music app but up until now I haven't had any problems. My job causes a lot of frustration already, I definitely do not need any more. Especially from my music app, which where I get 99% of my escape anyways. Someone please advise so I don't have to go to another app. 😫

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Crazylegs1975. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about your experience. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

I would recommend trying out the standard troubleshooting steps for Pandora on Android devices. To clarify, signing out of the Pandora app, reinstalling, or being in offline mode for more than 30 days will remove your downloaded content automatically. This just means that you would need to re-download it.

That being said, I completely understand your hesitation about this. We do have an existing feature suggestion that you may be interested in upvoting (click the 💙icon next to the suggestion title): Restore offline downloads after reinstallation

++

Troubleshooting:

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

• Open your device Settings
  • Tap Apps
  • Scroll down to find Pandora
  • Select Storage
  • On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Crazylegs1975. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about your experience. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

I would recommend trying out the standard troubleshooting steps for Pandora on Android devices. To clarify, signing out of the Pandora app, reinstalling, or being in offline mode for more than 30 days will remove your downloaded content automatically. This just means that you would need to re-download it.

That being said, I completely understand your hesitation about this. We do have an existing feature suggestion that you may be interested in upvoting (click the 💙icon next to the suggestion title): Restore offline downloads after reinstallation

++

Troubleshooting:

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

• Open your device Settings
  • Tap Apps
  • Scroll down to find Pandora
  • Select Storage
  • On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Warlock1
Local Performer

My app will play in the background, but when a phone call comes in, or I use the keyboard microphone, or my alarm goes off Pandora shuts off.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Warlock1 👋

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Usually, when an alert pops up (like a phone call, notification, or alarm) or using the microphone, Pandora will automatically stop playing music and continue once the alert has been dismissed or answered and/or the microphone is not being used anymore.

Does the app crashes or force close after performing any of these tasks?

If so, I recommend running our Android Troubleshooting steps to help with any crashing or playback issues.

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes! 🎧

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos