cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora Shuts Off / Stops Playing

Libby
Local Performer

My pandora shuts down after a minute of playing.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
55 Replies

Ruutiboy
Underground

Same thing. Galaxy s10e

Just started recently

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@Ruutiboy Sounds like you're still having trouble after running through those steps. Could you share a few more details about your device?

• Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

Ruutiboy
Underground

Did the suggestion for galaxy phn. Finally found and everywhere  pandora app was mentioned I removed  for sleeping and allowed to play in background. This seems to work.

Verizon is carrier

Galaxys10e

Latest ver. On jan 31 2021

AlyssaPandora

Thanks for letting me know, @Ruutiboy.

This may have been caused by the sleeping apps setting on your device. You can find out more info in this helpful post: Music stops without any error messages on Samsung Galaxy 

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you continue to have trouble with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Scottieb25
Local Performer

I'm running Pandora on a Kindle.  The app has gone from playing with no issues to suddenly shutting off mid song.  Sometimes you get thru a song other times not.  This is a recent issue.  Already done the usual fixes...nothing worked.  App run just fine on an iPad but not Kindle. Need to know how to fix please

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Scottieb25. 👋

It sounds like you've run through the standard troubleshooting steps here.

Could you share a bit more about your Kindle device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.):

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

rollitup419
Local Performer

This is happening on a devices. How about you people do your jobs and fix the issues instead of copping out by saying it's our devises fault

0 Kudos

1Asgaurdian
Local Performer

I have the same problem, except that it only plays about 2 seconds of the song and the little number in the bottom telling you how long the song has been going, is still at 00.0 and it's freaking out.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @1Asgaurdian. 👋

First, I would recommend running through the standard troubleshooting steps here.

If you still have trouble, could you share a bit more about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.):

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

jonjonjon
Local Performer

I am having the same problem. Have tried everything. I only happens on pandora none of my other music services are affected. I am running android.

0 Kudos

Mholmes
Local Performer

Every time my phone updates my pandora shuts off!!!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @jonjonjon @Mholmes. 👋

To keep things organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Pandora Shuts Off / Stops Playing

Let's try running through the standard Android troubleshooting steps here.

++

Something else to note, when updating the OS on Android devices, the battery optimization on all apps may be automatically turned back on by default.

This can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded. Due to the sheer volume of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for each and every device. I recommend looking up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app.

If you own a Samsung device, you may also want to check your Sleeping Apps settings.

Feel free to let us know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

Dyamondprincess
Local Performer

I tried everything and nothing worked until i cleared the data. Then I got a message that it has an update. I updated it again and got this message:LISTENING INTERPRETED? Open app settings, tap "battery", enable "allow background activity"or

Open settings, tap "device care", tap "pandora", disable "put app to sleep"

The first one worked for me!!!!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @Dyamondprincess. 👋

Thank you so much for posting about your fix! This has helped other listeners as well in this particular thread: Pandora Shuts Off / Stops Playing

You can also find more info about the battery optimization in this helpful article

Appreciate you taking the time to help other listeners on the community. Hope to see you around more often! 🎧

0 Kudos

MB-B00ks
Local Performer

My Pandora is now shooting a timed out session error and closes once I hit okay. How do I fix this so the app with play or do I uninstall and reinstall?

0 Kudos

jedevold
Local Performer

all of a sudden my mobile app won't open and says my session timed out. I pay for PREMIUM.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled--didn't work.  desktop login and streaming work fine.  THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATION--THIS IS MY DAILY MEDITATION....

Sandiki
Local Performer

Same issue on my device.  

0 Kudos

Sandiki
Local Performer

Screenshot_20210305-112232_Samsung Internet.jpg

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @Sandiki @jedevold @MB-B00ks. 👋

@Sandiki Thanks for providing that helpful screenshot with those troubleshooting steps. 👍

++

Thanks so much for your posts about this. Please check out my post about the Pandora app timing out / stopping on your device here.

If you still have trouble, could you share a bit more about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Bamajess32
Local Performer

Hiiiii. Its march 6, 2021 and I just started having this problem. This has been going on for a year. Wow. And yea I tried all your ideas.

0 Kudos