cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Podcast Episode ends and Starts New Podcast

Jarvis2kojack
Local Performer

So podcast episode will end and when it hits the last second it goes to a new podcast that I never heard of.  It's also not the same podcast it switches to. Example of it is 'Hello From the Magic Cavern' and then episode will change and go to 'Welcome To Night Vale'. I cleared the app data and cache. Checked for updates. I logged back into app.  Nothing changed. Any other advice?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jarvis2kojack To clarify, does this only happen with this specific podcast: Hello From The Magic Tavern

Or are you able to reproduce this with any podcast that you play?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Jarvis2kojack
Local Performer

Rooster Teeth podcast does it as well.

0 Kudos

Jarvis2kojack
Local Performer

I just tested it on my 2 new podcasts and they don't do it. Just 'Hello From the Magic Tavern', and 'Rooster Teeth Podcast'

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up with that information, @Jarvis2kojack.

To clarify, after episode 73 of Hello From The Magic Tavern plays, instead of advancing to episode 74, Welcome To Night Vale plays instead?

Does that same playlist begin playing immediately after playing an episode of Rooster Teeth Podcast?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Additionally, can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Jarvis2kojack
Local Performer

@AdamPandora,

Model: samsung galaxy 20

Carrier:Metro pcs from t-mobile Android version : 10

Build number :QP1A.190711.020.A205USQS8BTL2

Pandora version: 2012.1 (ANDROID-TUNER) 20121008

Most of the time I am connected to work wifi but I also use cellular data and still does it. 

It does have a theme of what it switches to, when episode is over it'll change to a podcast that is a comedy genre but not the same one but it either start at the top of the list or continue from when it put me there last time. It does not switch to the same one, or atleast it seems random on both 'hey from the magic tavern' and 'Rooster Teeth Podcast'.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jarvis2kojack Thanks so much for providing those details. I'll be passing along your feedback and device info to our engineering team for further review.

Appreciate your patience! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

jacobfree95
Local Performer

I have this issue too. It happens at least with every episode I've listened to on the Heritage Baptist Church podcast. When an episode ends, it switches to another podcast (usually a Catholic one).

Model: Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G (SM-G781U)

Carrier: T-Mobile

Android version: 12

Build number: SP1A.210812.016.G781USQQS7FVD1

Pandora version: 2203.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 22031001)

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for letting us know about your experience, @jacobfree95

Have you tried clearing your app data to see if this helps?

If not, I would recommend trying these steps out: Android Troubleshooting

Let me know if the issue persists so that I can report this on your behalf. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos