cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Queueing Music with Premium

Hiits
Underground

The queue system needs upgrading. It works like a playist that I have to manually start instead of an actual queue as seen in Spotify.

Ex: Sean Kingston is currently playing on "Summer Hits oF the 2000s Radio". I want to listen to "wake me up" by Avicii next so I add it to my queue. When I hit next or Sean Kingston song is over I want "Wake me up" to play next. I want it to interrupt the station and then once "Wake me up" is over for the station to continue playing its playlist like it was never interrupted by my queued song or songs. 

When I hit next "Wake me up" does not play next, instead "Summer Hits of the 2000s Radio" keeps play uninterrupted and plays "over my head" next.  Queued songs should be allowed to interrupt a playlist/ station without having to end session on said playlist or station, because right now the queue feature is just another playist that I can play later when the moods past.  If the queue feature worked like it should Avicii's song "Wake me up" would have played between Sean Kingston song and The Frays song "over my head". 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Hiits. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the community!

Using the Queue Feature with Premium:

You can view your queue from the Now Playing screen, either below track details (if you're listening to a station) or below the tracklist (if you're listening to an album or playlist).

Keep in mind that if you add a station to your queue, it will play continuously until you manually move to the next item in your queue.

Here are some additional tips:

•  You can turn the queue feature on or off by using the toggle in the queue section at the bottom of the Now Playing screen. We'll save your added items for later, either way.
  • By default, anything you add to your queue will be added at the end of it. To adjust the order of the items you've added to your queue, hold and drag the "list" icon (on the right of the item's title) and drag it to the desired position.
  • To remove an item from the queue, swipe left on the row and select Delete. (You can also do a long press to reveal the delete option.) To clear all items, scroll to the bottom of your queue and tap Clear queue.
  • When adding playlists or albums, use the ellipsis on the album art to add all items. To add only certain songs, long press the individual track.

++

I would recommend checking out the queue to ensure that the added track is next up on your queue. I know this is inconvenient but you can also try clearing the queue and re-adding two individual tracks to see how it the issue persists.

If you still have trouble with this after those suggestions, please try out these steps

Appreciate your help with this -- I look forward to hearing back!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 Replies

Yogarebel
Local Performer

just hit next

0 Kudos

Hiits
Underground

I wish it was that easy. If I hit next the queued song doesn't play. If I wait for the song that's playing to end, once it ends and the next song plays it isn't what I had queued. And I have queue turned on. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Hiits. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the community!

You can view your queue from the Now Playing screen, either below track details (if you're listening to a station) or below the tracklist (if you're listening to an album or playlist).

Keep in mind that if you add a station to your queue, it will play continuously until you manually move to the next item in your queue.

•  You can turn the queue feature on or off by using the toggle in the queue section at the bottom of the Now Playing screen. We'll save your added items for later, either way.
  • By default, anything you add to your queue will be added at the end of it. To adjust the order of the items you've added to your queue, hold and drag the "list" icon (on the right of the item's title) and drag it to the desired position.
  • To remove an item from the queue, swipe left on the row and select Delete. (You can also do a long press to reveal the delete option.) To clear all items, scroll to the bottom of your queue and tap Clear queue.
  • When adding playlists or albums, use the ellipsis on the album art to add all items. To add only certain songs, long press the individual track.

++

I would recommend checking out the queue to ensure that the added track is next up on your queue. I know this is inconvenient but you can also try clearing the queue and re-adding two individual tracks to see how it the issue persists.

If you still have trouble with this after those suggestions, please try out these steps

Appreciate your help with this -- I look forward to hearing back!

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Hiits
Underground

I must have misunderstood the purpose of a queue. My belief and understanding was that when I queue a song, regardless of what station I'm listening to, the song I have queued will play next.

Example: I'm listening to the "Summer Hits of the 2000s" station and I want to play "wake me up" by Avicii next after the current song that is playing from the "Summer Hits of the 2000's" is over. I add it to my queue. What I expect is for Avicii's song to play next, but it doesn't; the station continues to play its playlist without adding my queued song. 

Why doesn't Avicii's song play next? What is the purpose of a queue,if it won't play queued music? In my opinion, the feature Pandora calls a queue feels like a listen to later playlist, like seen on YouTube when you don't have time to watch a video and save it for later. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

I mentioned this in my last post, but if you add a station to your queue, it will play continuously until you manually move to the next item in your queue. However, I definitely understand where you're coming from with this.

Looks like you wrote about this in a different thread as well. I'm going to move that recent post over to our feature request board as it seems like an option you'd want to be implemented.

You can find the feature request here. 📍

Thanks so much for your feedback, @Hiits! Sharing your thoughts helps us improve the service as a whole. 

Meltdown81
Underground

Seconded. The queue in Pandora is something I've never used for the 7+ years I've been using the app given how useless it is while with other apps like Youtube Music and Spotify its something I constantly use. 

Change the name of the queue if you guys won't improve it

After using both Youtube Music and Spotify for the past month, I've grown frustrated with the queue in this app that I've been using for 7 years. At the moment it works like an easily accessible temp playlist. I shouldn't have to manually switch to a song in the queue to get it to play. In addition there is no option to see any upcoming songs though I do appreciate being able to see previous songs without having them play over the current one. Only saving grace this app has over any other is its stations.

The queue in this app doesn't deserve to be called a queue. Please change the name.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Meltdown81 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

Manually selecting next track in queue:

It's true as @AlyssaPandora mentioned in her message above, that if you add a station to your queue, it will play that station continuously until you manually select the next item in your queue.

If you haven't yet already, I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️ to express your interest in getting it added to the service as well: Queue Next Track Regardless of Playlist or Station Currently Playing

Not seeing upcoming songs in custom queue:

You should be able to see all content you've added to your queue.

If you aren't seeing those upcoming tracks, can you please do us a favor and send a screenshot of what shows in that section of the app after adding content to your queue?

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Meltdown81
Underground

I don't mean upcoming songs in the queue, I mean we should be able to see what songs are coming up next regardless if we are listening to a playlist, station, etc.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for clarifying that with me, @Meltdown81.

I recommend creating an additional feature request for your suggestion, here.

This will give others around the Community a chance to upvote your idea, and express their interest in getting it added to the service as well.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

pb6129
Local Performer

Hello! I was a Pandora Premium subscriber last year, but switched over to Spotify due to issues with the queueing - when I was listening to one of my stations, if I would queue up a song, it wouldn't play - the station would just continue. I would have to manually start the queue, and after playing the song, the station would not restart. I reached out a few times about this when I was a member, but nothing came of it. I am curious if this has changed in the time since, or if there's at least work being done on it - it would a be a major QoL improvement, and is honestly the only thing keeping me from switching back to Pandora, as I find its algorithm and selection far superior to Spotify's.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @pb6129. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep everything organized.

@Hiits created a feature request for this here: Queue Next Track Regardless of Playlist or Station Currently Playing

• I would recommend upvoting this suggestion if you haven't already. To upvote, click on the 💙 icon next to the title of the request.
  • For more information about how feature requests work on the community, please check out this helpful document: Feature Request Policy + FAQs

Hope this helps clarify. Let me know if you have any other questions! 🎧

0 Kudos

MusicFan0102
Local Performer

I find it really frustrating that the queue is set to play later. It should either play first, because that's the whole reason anyone ever wants to queue music is so they can listen to it next, not in 500 songs, or should have a separate option that allows you to switch it from play later to play now. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @MusicFan0102. 👋

Could you tell me a bit more about your experience?

Are you listening to a station when you're using the queue feature?

If not, are you listening to a playlist or podcast? 

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

OhhhVangie
Local Performer

I appreciate your breakdown of how a "queue" can be altered & set-up, but this "resolution" absolutely does not answer the issue with how Pandora's "queue" doesn't work as it should. When you have to manually make the "queue" work or keep a "station/playlist" from repeating defeats the complete concept of a "queue". It's almost literally another way to have to choose your next song, kind of a way that yes holds a list of songs you want to play but that's pretty much all it does basically. To be honest even YouTube that plays videos not just audio has a queue that works perfect. Is there anything that can be done to correct this error?

Yetihunting
Local Performer

Been a while since this was posted. Is this issue fixed yet?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Yetihunting. 👋

Thanks for checking in! Happy to share more details and tips about the queue feature available for Premium subscribers.

Stations in your Queue:

If you add a station to your queue, it will play continuously until you manually move to the next item in your queue. If you'd like to have the ability to include stations in your queue, feel free to upvote this existing suggestion: Queue Next Track Regardless of Playlist or Station Currently Playing

For more information about how feature suggestions work, check out our FAQs: Feature Requests Policy + FAQs

++

As a Pandora Premium listener, you can queue individual songs, albums, playlists or stations to play next.

• To add to your queue, either "long press" an item or tap the corresponding ellipsis and then select Add to Queue.
  • You can view your queue from the Now Playing screen, either below track details (if you're listening to a station) or below the tracklist (if you're listening to an album or playlist).

If you're having trouble with this, let us know how we can help. 🎧

0 Kudos

AngelaA
Local Performer

I know how to add songs to the queue on my app on android. I don't know how to listen to them. Please help. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @AngelaA!

•  You can turn the queue feature on or off by using the toggle in the queue section at the bottom of the Now Playing screen. We'll save your added items for later, either way.

• To remove an item from the queue, swipe left on the row and select Delete. (You can also do a long press to reveal the delete option.) To clear all items, scroll to the bottom of your queue and tap Clear queue.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

PooperScooper
Local Performer

I'm having this same issue. I'm listening to thumbprint radio which has over 7500 songs and queued up six songs but they will play after the 7500 finish? I won't hear the queued songs for years

0 Kudos