cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Crashes

kcdubya
Local Performer

I just installed Pandora on a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 running wear os. When I change stations most of the time it is crashing. ]

Any ideas?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your patience during this process while I was checking about this for you, @kcdubya

Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 runs on Wear OS 3 which Pandora does not support. While you may be able to utilize the Pandora app on your watch, we can not predict the behavior you’ll experience and you may find that it does not function as well as other devices. In the meantime, I’ve passed along your feedback.

There's also a feature request created by another community member that you may be interested in upvoting: Standalone Samsung Galaxy Watch App 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @kcdubya. 👋

Sorry to hear you're having crashing issues while listening on your watch. I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to share this with our engineering team. 

Let's try the following steps to troubleshoot the device (not to worry, your Pandora account and radio stations won't be affected):

First, update the Pandora app on your watch to ensure you are on the latest version.

Then, try listening to Pandora from your watch again. If the issue continues, please proceed with the following steps to uninstall and reinstall the app on your watch:

1. Press the power button to find and open the Google Play store.
  2. Next, swipe down on the watch face from top to bottom. This will bring up a menu drawer.
  3. Select My Apps.
  4. Choose Pandora, and then scroll to the bottom and select Uninstall.

Once that's done, reinstall the Pandora app on your watch through the Google Play store, and open it to initiate the setup process. Please note that you'll also need to have your phone present in order to complete the setup process.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

kcdubya
Local Performer

Yah, I had already tried re-installing, but just to be sure I tried again.  Unfortunately, no luck. I can get it to consistently crash.

Have you tested Pandora on this specific watch?   As I understand it, the Galaxy Watch 4 uses a customized version of Wear OS 3 and I believe is the only watch currently using that version.  If I look on the About Watch->Software tab it shows a One UI Watch version of 3.0 and a System Version of 11.  

0 Kudos

kcdubya
Local Performer

Any thoughts on this?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your patience during this process while I was checking about this for you, @kcdubya

Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 runs on Wear OS 3 which Pandora does not support. While you may be able to utilize the Pandora app on your watch, we can not predict the behavior you’ll experience and you may find that it does not function as well as other devices. In the meantime, I’ve passed along your feedback.

There's also a feature request created by another community member that you may be interested in upvoting: Standalone Samsung Galaxy Watch App 🎧

0 Kudos