cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Multiple issues when using the app

Ddmay4
Underground

Is anyone else having these problems? Not being able to pause skip or replay songs without restarting the app. The app just randomly shutting off. The app just randomly starts playing on restart of phone. I pay for this service and lately it been really upsetting me that it isn't working half the time.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

regfla246
Opening Act

I just updated my Sync 1 in my 2016 F150 to V5.11. Most of the problems in my truck have resolved except, the app will not fully open and start playing music as it used to do- It will open in background but not fully open and play music although my settings are selected for that. I believe this is a Sync problem as it cannot find my Pandora app on my phone as it used to. 

When it connects to bluetooth I get a message on Sync "Cannot repeat this track" , then the problem i just listed (will not fully open) happens.

It allows skipping and all other problems are gone.

As I stated, I updated my radio controls to latest versions and most problems went away.

This is just not a Pandora problem,,, make sure your music controller in your vehicle is up to date.

View solution in original post

20 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Ddmay4. 👋

Thanks for posting about your experience, and sorry for the continued trouble.Based on your message, it sounds like you're running into a couple of different issues when you attempt to listen:

*Please note:  The update messages mentioned above have been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of the thread. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Unfortunately, the troubleshooting steps don't seem to help resolve the issues you're noticing: Android Troubleshooting

Device Details:

Could you share your device info so that I can report your experience?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know, and I can pass this along on your behalf. Thank you very much for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

Ddmay4
Underground

I have galaxy s21 plus. 

1000008514.jpg

 this is what I got

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the follow up, @Ddmay4.

I will pass along your device info to our tech team on your behalf. 📲

0 Kudos

regfla246
Opening Act

I have the same problem, plus, 

A. it continues to play after bluetooth disconnecting from my truck , never did before.

b. it will not auto launch from my truck when bluetooth is turned on. (Auto Play feature in app is turned on)

c. Randomly will not allow me to skip songs, sometimes it does-sometimes it doesn't.  Mostly doesn't. 

d. randomly turns off, not many times but it has

e. continues to run in background when quitting app

Using version 2401.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 24011009)

GALAXY S23 T-MOBILE ANDROID VERSION 14

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @regfla246. 👋

Thank you for reporting these issues. I've passed along your feedback to our engineering team for each individual issue you've mentioned. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Many thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

Wopr
Local Performer

Same here. 

2015 Ford f-150

Galaxy fold 4

Android 14

Verizon

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Wopr 

Welcome to community!

Thanks for posting. Just to confirm, does your experience only occur when connected in your Ford?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

regfla246
Opening Act

Yes, only when connected to Ford Sync.

Yes, always, only time it does, but it's the only time I use it with Bluetooth as well.

mod edit: merged comments
0 Kudos

Wopr
Local Performer
Mostly.
0 Kudos

Jurgensented
Local Performer

Yes I've been having so many problems with Pandora. They let songs play and overlap each other. Also they don't have a scroll bar if you're playlists are long it takes forever to get to the bottom to the newer songs it doesn't make sense why I pay so much for this app and get so little. They need to step up their game or they're going to lose to the other apps

reeveslvr
Local Performer

Yes I am, same phone as you.  My son has the same problem on a different android, and it's not working for my wife on her apple.  Same vehicle Bluetooth issues as well.  I'm about to give up and find a different service... 

0 Kudos

Krazedaydrem
Local Performer

Multiple issues, when is this getting updated and patched.... app is becoming unusable!!!

0 Kudos

MJH8115
Local Performer

I have the same issues as well. 

Whenever I shutoff my vehicle pandora keeps playing, it randomly stops allowing me to skip songs or pause them. Quite often it will start playing two songs at the same time. I have to restart the app in order to get it to stop, and this is only a temporary fix because it usually happens again within 5 songs. 

I have a galaxy s23 ultra 5g, every time pandora updates there are more and more problems. I'm really close to canceling my premium and switching apps

0 Kudos

APersonOnEarth
Local Performer

Exact same here on S23 Ultra with Verizon. Started after an update last year. I figured I would give some time for them to correct the issue, but it sure feels like they just don't care. 

In addition to the problems you've listed, I also sometimes end up with an unresponsive app where I can't search, skip, etc., but this usually resolves itself after I let a song play out. Just fix it already. I pay for this. 

0 Kudos

Wopr
Local Performer
Same
0 Kudos

regfla246
Opening Act

I just updated my Sync 1 in my 2016 F150 to V5.11. Most of the problems in my truck have resolved except, the app will not fully open and start playing music as it used to do- It will open in background but not fully open and play music although my settings are selected for that. I believe this is a Sync problem as it cannot find my Pandora app on my phone as it used to. 

When it connects to bluetooth I get a message on Sync "Cannot repeat this track" , then the problem i just listed (will not fully open) happens.

It allows skipping and all other problems are gone.

As I stated, I updated my radio controls to latest versions and most problems went away.

This is just not a Pandora problem,,, make sure your music controller in your vehicle is up to date.

regfla246
Opening Act

Hey,  update your Sync if you have one and see how it works.  I did and most problems went away.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @regfla246 @Wopr @APersonOnEarth @MJH8115. 👋

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback around the issues you've encountered. Based on your messages it sounds like you're running into these three issues during your listening sessions:

All of the reports from this thread have been shared with our tech team. If we need any additional information, we will follow up with you. While we understand this issue is frustrating, we appreciate your  patience as we navigate this.

Also, thank you, @regfla246 for sharing that helpful tip! 🎧

0 Kudos

APersonOnEarth
Local Performer
Thanks for the feedback and to the ones that have suggested possible fixes. These issues have happened across multiple listening devices (including two car stereos, bluetooth headphones, and even just playing on the phone) and didn't start until the update at the end or the year 2023. Other times, I have no issues at all and everything works as intended. The 3 biggest nuances are running in the background, the unresponsive app through a random track, and playing through the phone upon getting out of the car (random, never know when it will do this or function correctly).  Hopefully it is resolved soon. GregSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone