cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playback suddenly stops

Sc89
Local Performer
I'm having a problem with my Pandora. I open the app, pick a song, as it's playing about a minute into the song it will suddenly stop playing the current song. And when I go back in the app it's restarting and a new song comes on. I have tried different playlists and logging out and back in. Same problem. mod edit: changing title for clarity
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ken87 Thanks for your post!

I moved it over to a separate thread as this sounds different than the thread you originally commented on.

Something to keep in mind, the sound settings of each app are set by the needs of the app and cannot be altered.

This also means that if you are playing a game or using an app that requires sound, the audio from Pandora may pause. It's not possible for us to override the sound settings, or any other functions of another app.

++

When you resume playing, you should be able to listen to the same track you were before pausing. However, it sounds like you're unable to do this.

I would recommend trying out these steps to see if this helps with resuming playback.

Hope this is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

27 Replies

Ken87
Local Performer

I have a similar issue. I have an Android, phone is Samsung Note 9. Whenever I pause and either go to a different app so or pause it in the notifications panel and interact with another app the song that was playing stops and I'll start a new song. I had an iPhone 8 that didn't have this problem.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ken87 Thanks for your post!

I moved it over to a separate thread as this sounds different than the thread you originally commented on.

Something to keep in mind, the sound settings of each app are set by the needs of the app and cannot be altered.

This also means that if you are playing a game or using an app that requires sound, the audio from Pandora may pause. It's not possible for us to override the sound settings, or any other functions of another app.

++

When you resume playing, you should be able to listen to the same track you were before pausing. However, it sounds like you're unable to do this.

I would recommend trying out these steps to see if this helps with resuming playback.

Hope this is helpful. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

drwonputt25
Local Performer
I am having the same problem. Samsung Galaxy Note 10 No error message. The music stops, and when I click back to the app it goes to the next song and then it happens again.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@drwonputt25 I moved your post to this thread as it sounds like you are running into a similar issue.

I recommend going through the troubleshooting steps @AlyssaPandora provided in her message above as they should help with this.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 

wtablst2
Local Performer

Pandora keeps shutting down. 

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @wtablst2 thanks for posting to community!

Can you tell me a little bit more about what is happening?

• Does the app crash? Meaning, you have to reopen the app?
  • Does playback stop? You have to press play again to resume playback?
  • Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?

Can you also let me know:

• The make and model of the device this is happening on.
  • The Pandora version on your device. 
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps yet?

Thanks for the help.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Sc89 Sorry to hear you're having trouble playing Pandora. 

I checked your account and see that you have an open ticket with our User Support team. It looks like they may have gotten back to you. If you need any further assistance, please respond directly to their email. 

Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

lizardking81
Local Performer

I am a subscribing customer but recently every song I start playing stops after a minute or so in . Then the app resets and starts playing a new song. This process keeps repeating itself to no end.

Proudshamrock
Local Performer

Hi there. I do not have an open ticket, however, I'm having the same problem. It's frustrating to be enjoying a song and all of a sudden it stops for no reason. I've seen that quite a few users are dealing with this issue but have not, as of yet, read any solution whatsoever. Has it been resolved yet?

Thank you.... 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Proudshamrock. 👋

Thanks so much for letting us know about your experience. Sorry that you're having trouble listening.

Have you tried running through the basic / advanced troubleshooting steps yet?

Let me know if the issue persists.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @lizardking81. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble with your music stopping.

I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community space tidy.

Please check out my post here and let me know if the troubleshooting steps help with what you're experiencing during your listening sessions. 📲

0 Kudos

srobertson11
Local Performer

I have been listening Pandora and playing my granny rummikubes game with no sound together forever no problem. Yesterday when I opened the game to play my Pandora stopped playing. I troubleshooted online and did all the things they said to do for androids. no battery optimizations no restricted background playing. all assitive devices off.

Then yesterday on the way home while I was using the game panadroa suddenly started playing again.

Then this morning is wouldn't play again while using the game. What is going on!?!?!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @srobertson11. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community space tidy. 

Sorry for the continued trouble with this. I would recommend checking out my message above about overriding the sound in specific apps here.

You can also try completely powering down your device, and then, restarting it to see if that helps. 📲

0 Kudos

srobertson11
Local Performer

I already rebooted jeez! I tried all those steps! 

0 Kudos

PastoKen
Local Performer

My Pandora app stops playing a minute or so into a song as well.  This just recently started to happen.  I have a motozplay 4 running Android 9.  The app looks like it's still working in the background when I select all apps, but when I select the Pandora screen, it restarts and repeats the same process.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PastoKen Try running through the troubleshooting steps listed here.

If you continue to experience issues with this, please reply back directly to this thread and let us know. 

0 Kudos

russell33
Local Performer

When I press play it stops the app and goes to my home screen.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @russell33. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the Pandora app. Let's try out some troubleshooting steps.

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*
  1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps. Let me know how it goes.

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

0 Kudos

bradwanda1
Local Performer

again the station is shutting down, I have rebooted & gone through google crome, please fix this once again!!

0 Kudos