cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to scroll songs that were recently played

Alchron
On the Rise

Whenever I just let the appplay a song out and it goes to the next song, it's not letting me go back to rate a song or explore what was just played.  It's annoying, it's not letting me replay a song on the station.  I have premium membership and this also happens in offline mode as well, and it's been doing this since the last couple updates.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

I really appreciate you sticking with me through this process, @Alchron.

I've reported all of this information over to our engineering team.

Thanks for your patience while they look into what is causing this issue. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

12 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Alchron!

Thanks for reporting your issue.

Have you tried our basic / advanced troubleshooting steps for Android devices yet?

If not, I would recommend trying out these steps to see if it helps with the issue you're running into.

Let me know how it goes, and whether the issue persists.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Alchron
On the Rise

I have tried these steps before making the post, they didn't do anything to fix the issue.

Let me clarify the issue a bit better, the problem is in the "Now Playing" window where before the update I was able to scroll backwards to songs that I haven't thumbed up or down on.  Now the issue is when I try to do that in the Android app it snaps back to the currently played song whether the station is in online or offline mode.  Hope that clarifies the issue a little bit better.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes , @Alchron. This is very helpful information.

Thank you for taking the time to clarify. 

• When you attempt to scroll back, are you receiving any error messages?
  • Just to confirm, does it go back to the "Now Playing" screen (of the current song playing) or the "For You" screen?
  • If this happens on the "Now Playing" screen, does it transition to the next song once the current song is over?

Other listeners mentioned the screen flickering or stuck on the "For You" section within the app recently - similar to the screenshot below. 

Screenshot_20191021-214433_Pandora.jpg

You can take a look at another post here to see if this is the exact issue you're seeing too.

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Alchron
On the Rise

No error messages are coming up, and its just in the "Now Playing" window when this is occuring.  Yes it transitions to the next song after the current song is done, but if I want to scroll back to the song that just ended it snaps back to the current song that is playing.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing all of this helpful information, @Alchron.

When you get a chance, could you tell me a bit more about your device so I can report this to our engineering team?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.): 

Thanks again for your help with this.

0 Kudos

Alchron
On the Rise

Model: Samsung Galaxy s9 

Carrier: Straight Talk

Android version (Settings > About Phone): 9

Build number (Settings > About Phone): 
PPR1.180610.011.G96OUO1UEU7CSJ3

Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone): Oct 1 2019

Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.): 1910.3
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

I really appreciate you sticking with me through this process, @Alchron.

I've reported all of this information over to our engineering team.

Thanks for your patience while they look into what is causing this issue. 

Alchron
On the Rise
Ok thank you for the assistance, hopefully they can find a solution or something in the next update to fix the issue.

Worldiknow
Local Performer

Was there ever a solution to this?  I have the same problem on my Fire Tablet. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Worldiknow I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If this does not resolve the issue, please send me a screenshot of your recently played history on your device.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Traxtar928
Local Performer

I'm having a similar issue using Pandora on an android media box (GT KING) running Android 9.

There's simply no option to scroll left or right on the now playing window to view play history or replay songs.

Should I open a new thread for this issue?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Traxtar928. 👋

Sorry to hear that you were having some trouble. If you're still running into this issue, I would recommend starting here: Android Troubleshooting

You can also find those steps below:

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can check out Google's help page for steps on how to clear space on your device.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps. In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your account in case we need to report your experience to the appropriate party.

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

0 Kudos