cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Fully Exit / Stop Pandora App

Obrion
Local Performer

How in the world do you stop pandora from playing in Samsung note 8? I have to reboot to get it to stop. I have tried swiping to the side but it keeps on playing. Very annoying. Isn't there a stop button somewhere?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Obrion. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. I moved your post over to this existing Android thread: Exiting the Pandora App / Turning it Off

Exiting the Pandora App:

• You should be able to completely exit the Pandora app from your Android device.
  • You can exit the app by navigating to the Recent Apps menu, finding the Pandora app and then swiping it away

++

Force Closing the App:

• Navigate: Settings > Apps.
  • Ensure All apps is selected (upper-left).
  • If necessary, tap the Dropdown icon (upper-right) then select All apps. Locate then select the Pandora app.
  • If system apps aren't visible, tap the Menu icon (upper-right) > Show system apps.
  • Tap Force stop.
  • To confirm, review the message then tap Force stop.

If you'd like to see a "quit" button option, feel free to check out this existing feature request here.

To upvote a feature request, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the suggestion.

I hope this helps! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Obrion. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. I moved your post over to this existing Android thread: Exiting the Pandora App / Turning it Off

Exiting the Pandora App:

• You should be able to completely exit the Pandora app from your Android device.
  • You can exit the app by navigating to the Recent Apps menu, finding the Pandora app and then swiping it away

++

Force Closing the App:

• Navigate: Settings > Apps.
  • Ensure All apps is selected (upper-left).
  • If necessary, tap the Dropdown icon (upper-right) then select All apps. Locate then select the Pandora app.
  • If system apps aren't visible, tap the Menu icon (upper-right) > Show system apps.
  • Tap Force stop.
  • To confirm, review the message then tap Force stop.

If you'd like to see a "quit" button option, feel free to check out this existing feature request here.

To upvote a feature request, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the suggestion.

I hope this helps! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

floridaspeedo
Local Performer

Same issue here.  Pixel 5.  Pandora **ahem** up battery life if paused, or even if all apps are closed on Android 11.   The only way to stop it is to go into apps, find Pandora and stop close.

I listen to Pandora only 1 hour a day but it shows 8+ hours usage if I don't force close.

0 Kudos

tedly007
Local Performer

yea this don't work on my Samsung galaxy 8 any other ideas I can put it to sleep when not in use but can not shut it down

0 Kudos

Mys
Local Performer

Sadly this does not work. The app stay on in the background. I still had the notification control bar until I hide that. Now I just have the lockscreen bar that won't shut off! Sadly this means that pandora keep kicking on in my pocket. I work with 5 year olds and they DO NOT need to be listening to the music I enjoy on my way to work. Pandora is going to get me fired if I can't figure out how to completely turn it off!

ScottB
Local Performer

How hard would it be for Pandora to add an exit button for those who do not want to have to go to setting then app then pandora then force to to shut it down... this is the only way i have found to shut it down on my motorola

0 Kudos