cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unexpected Technical Difficulties" on 2011.1 and later

DSchiedeck
Local Performer

Everytime I try to add an artist onto any existing station, I have tried all of them, it just says "we're having unexpected technical issues" I have cleared the cache and data in my settings on my Galaxy S20. I pay for pandora and cannot even use all the features and I'm slowly getting ready to switch services. I have tried every solution you have posted on others with the same issue with no luck.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora

Pandora Update (06/24/2021): Thanks for reporting this issue. 

Our engineering team is aware of this issue, and they're working on it. Any updates about this issue will be posted on this thread.

We appreciate your patience during this process.

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
45 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @DSchiedeck. 👋

Nice to see you around the community. I moved to your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: "Unexpected technical difficulties" error message

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with listening. I completely understand your frustration. In the meantime, I'd like to share your experience with our engineering team.

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

Mitsu-Zen
Local Performer

For the life of me I can't add any more new artists or songs to my favorite station. I don't have 250 stations I don't know what's going on it's just ever since about middle September I just always get the technical difficulties error. I've gotten a new phone and that didn't fix it. I got an LG something whatever the most recent one is but I just I'm getting sick of this and my husband keeps pushing me to get Spotify but I like Pandora but I will get Spotify if I can't fix this

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Mitsu-Zen I moved your post over to this existing thread: "Unexpected technical difficulties" error message

We believe this issue has been resolved with the latest update to our app.

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device:

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. Touch the menu icon in the upper left and select My apps & games.
  3. Apps with available updates are labeled Update.
  4. Choose any appropriate apps and tap Update.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

Let me know if this helps.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

PhoenixRizen417
Local Performer

I'm currently also have this issue on my Samsung Galaxy S10+ through AT&T. Anytime I try to add variety to any station I get the "Unexpected Technical Difficulties" message. Happens on both wifi and 5G. My Pandora is up to date (2011.1).

Android 10

Build Number: QP1A.190711.020.G975USQS4ETJ2

Patch Level:

Nov. 1 2020

0 Kudos

Sauliber
Local Performer

I too am now having this problem. It's with every station.

Model: Samsung Galaxy S20 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile
Android Version: 11
Build Number: RP1A.200720.012.G981USQU1CTKH
Android Security Patch Level: November 1, 2020
Pandora Version: 2012.1
WiFi and Mobile Data

0 Kudos

Smaug
Local Performer

I have a station I created, so it's not a genre station, and it will not allow me to save edits. I edit station, add the seed I want, and hit save but it doesn't finish saving in my edit. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Smaug. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your experience.

What's the name of the station you're attempting to edit?

Also, are you trying to change the name? Or, edit your Thumb feedback? Add or remove variety?

Have any error messages popped up?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

TROUBLEMAKER89
Local Performer

I too am having this problem. I try to add an artist or song to a station and "We're experiencing technical difficulties" pops up. I've also tried creating a new station & adding variety but it's a recurring problem.

0 Kudos

Smaug
Local Performer

It's a station I made named work Station. I have been trying to add a variety for almost 2 weeks now. Every time I select add variety it tells me "We're have unexpected technical difficulties." One other time it acted like it was adding it and it never did. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Sauliber To clarify, do you also get the "We're having unexpected technical difficulties" error message when you attempt to add variety to your stations?

If so, we believe this issue should have been resolved with the latest update to the app.

Can you please try running through these troubleshooting steps if you haven't already done so: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If you continue to experience issues with this, please send us a screenshot of the error message you are seeing.

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Smaug I moved your post over to this existing thread: "Unexpected technical difficulties" error message

We believe this issue should have been resolved with the latest update to the app.

Can you please try running through these troubleshooting steps if you haven't already done so: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If you continue to experience issues with this, please send us a screenshot of the error message you are seeing.

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

brake4bots
Underground

I'm also encountering "We're having unexpected technical difficulties" when I attempt to "Add Variety". This only happens on the Android app and only on two of my stations (Jara Radio and Ghost in You Radio). I can add variety to those stations using Chrome on Windows. I have about 10 stations.

I also tried loading Pandora in Chrome on Android, but  encountered "we're having trouble loading Pandora", even if I select "Desktop site". Yes, I cleared cache, storage, enabled ads and popups. So, yeah, two issues at the same time.  😞

0 Kudos

Sauliber
Local Performer

Correct, I'm still getting "We're having unexpected technical difficulties" error message when I attempt to add variety to my stations. I also ran through all the troubleshooting steps to no avail.

Screenshot_20210124-112125_Pandora.jpgScreenshot_20210124-112243_Settings.jpg

0 Kudos

brake4bots
Underground

It's a moving target. I tested "Adding Variety" again today with the Android app and got "We're having unexpected technical difficulties" on several stations and kept testing (selecting a different station each test). Sometimes I would get the error, sometimes not. If there's a pattern, I haven't been able to spot it.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @brake4bots. 👋

Thanks for posting about this.

• What is the name of the artist or track you were trying to add?
  • Does this happen with any artist and any track? Or, a specific artist?

++

Can you also send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.):

Let me know, and I can report this over to engineering.

0 Kudos

brake4bots
Underground

Hi Alyssa. I think there's a slight misunderstanding. I get the error immediately after clicking "Add Variety". I don't get a chance to select an artist or a track. Sometimes I don't get the error. It's like trying to make a phone call and getting a busy signal most of the time.

AlyssaPandora

@brake4bots Thank you for confirming! I just wanted to be sure that this wasn't happening with a specific track or artist. If you're able to, would you mind sending over the requested device info? I'd like to add this to the ticket we have open with our engineering team. 

0 Kudos

brake4bots
Underground

Model: Google Pixel 3A
Carrier: Google Fi, but all testing on home Verizon WIFI
Android version: 11
Pandora version: 2012.1 (android tuner 20121008)

brake4bots
Underground

@Smaug and @TROUBLEMAKER89  Are you using Pandora on an Android device?

0 Kudos