cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unexpected Technical Difficulties" on 2011.1 and later

DSchiedeck
Local Performer

Everytime I try to add an artist onto any existing station, I have tried all of them, it just says "we're having unexpected technical issues" I have cleared the cache and data in my settings on my Galaxy S20. I pay for pandora and cannot even use all the features and I'm slowly getting ready to switch services. I have tried every solution you have posted on others with the same issue with no luck.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
45 Replies

Smaug
Local Performer

Android. And I got an email saying the latest update should fix the issue. Now I don't get an error pop up, but it still won't save the song in trying to add. 

0 Kudos

brake4bots
Underground

How recent was that email? We've already established that the problem persists with the latest released version (2012.1) which came out January 21 according to Google Play. I still get the error popup and, as stated already, it's intermittent (but happens more often than not). Definitely not yet fixed.

0 Kudos

Smaug
Local Performer

It was on jan 24th, and since then the app has gone back to saying there is a technical issue when I try and add a seed. 

0 Kudos

brake4bots
Underground

Alyssa, please let us know what's going on. It's been three weeks since we last heard from you and the problem persists. Using the Android app (2101.1) and clicking "Add Variety" frequently results in "We're having unexpected technical difficulties". I get varying results as I try this on all my stations. Sometimes I get the error, sometimes I don't. It seems a lot of people are experiencing this issue on Android.

0 Kudos

Shalalalalala
Local Performer

Trying to add variety to a station has always given me the error message in quotes, but usually clicking to dismiss it makes it go away and it works just fine.

Today, however, it's actually blocking me. Most of the time I can't get past it, or clicking to dismiss the error message will let me get as far as searching for a song to add but then being unresponsive when I click the + button.

I cannot add the song or artist to the station because of this.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Shalalalalala. 👋

Sorry to hear that this is impacting your listening sessions. I completely understand how frustrating that must be. To keep everything tidy, I moved your post over to this existing thread: "Unexpected Technical Difficulties" on 2011.1 and later

While we do have the standard Android troubleshooting steps that you could try, our engineering team is currently working on this issue. Can you send over a bit more info about your device and experience so that I can share this with them?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.): 
  • What station(s) does this issue happen with?
  • Does it happen with a particular artist/song or simply any artist/song you attempt to add as variety?
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

Shalalalalala
Local Performer

Model: Samsung Galaxy S7 (2018 version)

Carrier: T-mobile

Android version (Settings > About Phone): 10

Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.):

version 2101.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 21011004)

What station(s) does this issue happen with?:

Mk.gee Radio

Does it happen with a particular artist/song or simply any artist/song you attempt to add as variety? 

Any artist/song

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

WiFi

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@Shalalalalala Thanks so much for sharing those details.

I've passed this along to our engineering team for further review.

Appreciate your patience while they work on this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Local Performer

So I've been trying to fix up one of my stations with more variety lately, but for some reason it seems really buggy between the mobile version and desktop. Sometimes on mobile it gives me an error when adding songs, so I started doing it on the website player. Only problem is that I add it there, and it shows on there, but if I go to my phone the songs aren't on variety there. I've also noticed no difference between what plays on either version (ie, no new songs from what I put in variety or really in general), so I'm wondering if the songs aren't even being added to variety at all? What gives? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@121681350 I'm happy to look into this.

Please send me:

• the name of the station you are unable to add variety to
  • the name of the artist/song you are attempting to add as variety
  • a screenshot of the error message that displays on your phone when you attempt to add variety
  • a screenshot of the added variety that shows on your desktop

Thanks so much for working with me on this. 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Local Performer

-The station I'm using is my Rock City Radio one

-I've had this happen with several songs now, so it's not a problem with like just one song.

-The error message is always just "We're having unexpected technical difficulties", which I know I've seen people having problem with before, but have no idea what to do about it. 

-Here's the different variety lists between Desktop and Mobile. (Yes it's a weird station I know)

Mobile 2Mobile 2Mobile 1Mobile 1DesktopDesktop

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@121681350 Thanks for following up with that information.

Our curation team believes this issue is related to specific songs or artists.

Additionally, can you please give me some examples of specific songs/artists that trigger that error message when you attempt to add them as variety?

I can then pass that information along to the proper team so they can further investigate.

Thanks again for working with me on this! 

0 Kudos

Local Performer

Pretty much all of the songs that are showing up on Desktop but not Mobile were giving the error. Sorairo Days by Shoko Nakagawa was one of the first ones I encountered with the error I remember. Honestly it feels incredibly random which songs I can and can't add to variety, and I still don't get why they show on desktop but not for the mobile app.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@121681350 I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

0 Kudos

Local Performer

Model: Galaxy A71 5G

Carrier: Sprint

Android Version: 11

Build Number: RP1A.200720.012.A716USQU3DUC3

Android Security Patch Level: March 1, 2021

Pandora  Version: 2103.1

I've done this on Wi-Fi and Mobile data, both give the problem.

Only other weird thing I've seen is that after giving the error, the songs can show up under variety on desktop. BUT I remove them from there since I assume it's not working. The ones not showing up on mobile but showing on desktop were all added from desktop. Seems from my (admittedly uneducated on software stuff) mind that something is just really buggy with adding variety, since even some of the stuff that does go on there on both hasn't been changing what plays as of late.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@121681350 I've gone ahead and merged your post into this existing thread: "Unexpected Technical Difficulties" on 2011.1 and later

I've also gone ahead and added your information to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this issue.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime as they work to find a fix.

In the meantime, you can continue to add variety from your desktop as a workaround.

0 Kudos

Local Performer

I'm not sure it is a workaround though, what with the variety not carrying over to mobile and what songs play not changing at all, I'm beginning to think it isn't actually adding the songs even though they're on variety. 

0 Kudos

Local Performer

Has there been any update on this? Still getting the error on android, and having songs that claim to be added to variety on desktop but not on android. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @121681350. 👋

At this time, there isn't an update for this issue. However, I do see that all of the information you've provided has been added to the internal ticket shared with our engineering team. They appear to still be investigating the cause of this. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Pandora Update (06/24/2021): Thanks for reporting this issue. 

Our engineering team is aware of this issue, and they're working on it. Any updates about this issue will be posted on this thread.

We appreciate your patience during this process.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos