cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Waiting for Connection" Error after 2102.1.1

gars
Local Performer

Hello -

I am still receiving "Waiting for connection" error as of today.

I have the newest version of Pandora version 2102.1.1 installed on my phone.  I've followed all the steps for Android Troubleshooting (cleared data & cache, uninstalled & reinstalled Pandora on local memory, disabled battery optimization, removed background restrictions, restarted phone).  I'm on Wifi and I've tried with notifications from Pandora enabled & disabled.  Nothing works - please help!

Model: Galaxy S20+ 5G

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Android Version 11

Build Number: RP1A.200720.012.G986USQU1DUBB

Pandora Version: 2102.1.1

Screenshot_20210401-143724_Pandora.jpg

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @gars! Thanks for creating a new post and for providing your device info. Sorry to hear this is still happening. I've gone ahead and passed your info along to our engineering team for further investigation. 

Should anyone else experience this same issue, can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Thank you for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Itisyourfault
Local Performer

Both my Samsung S8 phone and my Samsung Tab A tablet stopped being able to load Pandora at the same time this week.  Each only get the pulsing  "P" and then and no connection message, which is untrue. I did all the troubleshooting steps to both including clearing data, battery optimization and deleting and reloading the app with no results. I can't believe the problem is on my end if it happened to two separate devices simultaneously.

0 Kudos

Oldguy
Local Performer

After many, many years of Pandora listening the app now takes extremely long to load on my Samsung S10.   It displays  Pulse "P" and msg "Waiting for connection. Try again? and finally loads after a long time. This just started yesterday.  I have tried all the suggestions (clearing storage, uninstalling, reinstalling etc) but nothing helps.  My phone hasn't updated since March 31 and I have used it everyday since with no problem until yesterday.  Same result with or without wifi.  Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Itisyourfault @Oldguy👋

I moved your posts over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: "Waiting for Connection" Error after 2102.1.1

Sorry to hear that you're encountering this error message, and having trouble listening from your devices. I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: Samsung S8 / Samsung Tab A 
  • Carrier:
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know, and I can report this on your behalf. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

bobapjok
Local Performer

I have not been able to open pandora for a while now  I have tried on different wifis, on 5g and i always get this error.  I can access it fine on the laptop and TV's etc.  I searched google and i see this question a lot and many says "solved" but they are not

I have tried clearing caches, restarting wifis, restarting phone, deleting app and reinstalling.  nothing works.  any help out there?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @bobapjok. 👋

I'm very sorry to hear that you're receiving this error message. Some threads are marked solved as they could have been earlier app versions where the issue was resolved in a new app release. Other threads have troubleshooting steps and a request for device information in the solution. These may be marked as "solved" so that our community members can access that information quickly when viewing a thread that is applicable for their specific issue.

++

In the meantime, it sounds like you've already run through our standard troubleshooting steps here: Android Troubleshooting

I can report this to our engineering team on your behalf. Could you share the following?

• Model: 
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Oz1
Local Performer

Same "waiting for connection" problem on the following device:

Galaxy S10e

Android Version 11

Build Number RP1A.200720.012.G970USQU5GUCH

Android Security Patch Level April 1, 2021

Pandora Version 2103.1

Problem happens in either wifi or provider data connection

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Thank you for sharing your device details, @Oz1. I've shared this on an internal ticket we have open with our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

0 Kudos

aokmg
Local Performer

Hi, I am on an android galaxy s21 ultra.  I am online and can stream other apps. I too get the waiting for connection error when I attempt to open Pandora.  I cleared cache, however that did nothing.  I am reluctant to use clear data as I like my stations. Is that the only fix available?  How much will I lose?  Stations, favorites, liked songs and artists?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @aokmg. 👋

To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: "Waiting for Connection" Error after 2102.1.1

Clearing your app data will not result in a loss of your collection, stations, or thumb feedback. 

From your Android settings, please try clearing the app data - (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

++

If you continue to have issues, please provide the following so I can report this on an internal ticket we have open with our engineering team: 

• Model: 
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:

Thanks for working with me on this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Sljdunlap
Local Performer
  • "Waiting for connection, Try again?" Error on samsungs10+ I have uninstalled and re-installed, still getting same error. Any help would be appreciated 
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Sljdunlap. 👋

Thanks for posting about this.  I moved your post over to this existing thread: "Waiting for Connection" Error after 2102.1.1

Please check out my post with troubleshooting steps here.

If you continue to have trouble, could you provide the requested information in that post?

Let me know how it goes after trying the troubleshooting. 🎧

0 Kudos

Sljdunlap
Local Performer

Model: Samsung Galaxy S10+

Carrier: T-Mobile/Sprint

Android version (Settings > About Phone): 11

Build number (Settings > About Phone): RP1A.200720.012.G975USQU5GUCG

Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone): March 01, 2021Pandora version 2104.1

AlyssaPandora

Thank you, @Sljdunlap. I have reported this information on the internal ticket we have open with our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

0 Kudos