cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Auto: Pandora launches when connected

clchecketts
Local Performer

My Auto-Start is turned off in my pandora app but it still automatically turns on when connecting to Android Auto. I also have the continue to play music function within my Android Auto app turned off. I don't understand why it keeps running.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jrable
Local Performer

Connect your android to vehicle so android auto starts

If you have the latest update, you will now see the settings cog at the bottom of the screen.  Select settings, then scroll down to start music automatically and turn that off.  This resolved for my 16 silverado

View solution in original post

34 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @clchecketts!

Does the only happen when connected to Android Auto or at other times outside of your vehicle?

In the meantime, I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Thanks for the help! 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

amandaconnor808
Local Performer

Hi TannerPandora! I have the same issues as clcheckettes so i figured I would give my specs in case they didn't provide theirs 😄

• Model: Samsung S21 Ultra 5G
  • Android version: 12 (as of this morning, 7/6/2022)
  • Build number: SP1A.210812.016.G998USQU5CVF1
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device: June 1, 2022
  • Pandora version: 2204.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 22041003)

and in case it would be helpful, I have an after-market radio in my vehicle which is when my Pandora auto-launches with no permissions to do so.

Kenwood - 7" - Android Auto/Apple® CarPlay™ - Built-in Bluetooth - In-Dash Digital Media Receiver - Black
Model: DMX9707S
SKU: 6401749

Thanks!

cford21
Underground

Hello, 

Mine does that too. It's very frustrating. I'll shut it down on my phone after it auto starts and it'll keep popping up on android auto and turn off my radio station. I have it turned off in the settings also. It shows on my phone too in the media output with no clear way to turn that off either. 

I have a Samsung Galaxy S 21 ultra too.

Please fix Asap

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi all! Thanks for posting your experience.

I just wanted to be sure that 'Enable Launch From Car' has been disabled within the Pandora app.

You can find this under Settings > Advanced > Scroll down under Bluetooth Devices - Enable Launch From Car. If the toggle is enabled, please disable and try again.

It should look a little something like this:

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 11.35.20 AM.png

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

cford21
Underground
It is disabled. It still auto launches Sent from my Galaxy

TannerPandora

Thanks for confirming, @cford21. Sorry for the delay.

I've gone ahead and passed this along to our engineering team for further investigation. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

RICKYP57
Local Performer

I just bought a new 2023 Chevy Silverado truck and now whenever I get in the truck - the Pandora app on my Google Pixel 6 starts automatically.  On my previous 2019 Silverado truck, never a problem.  I can switch the infotainment (radio) to FM, but often, it switches back to Pandora. I have gone into the Pandora settings and turned OFF the switch that allows automatic start up, doesn't help.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Pandora App.   What else can I do as this is very annoying.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi Ricky,

I've moved your post to this existing thread: Android Auto - Pandora launches when connected

Does the only happen when connected to Android Auto or at other times outside of your vehicle?

In addition, I just wanted to be sure that 'Enable Launch From Car' has been disabled within the Pandora app.

You can find this under Settings > Advanced > Scroll down under Bluetooth Devices - Enable Launch From Car. If the toggle is enabled, please disable and try again.

If so, I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Thanks for the help! 

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

Lunaaquilo
Local Performer

Hi, I'm having this issue as well. Auto start is off on the car and enable launch from car is disabled on the app. Every time I get in the car Pandora starts up. It doesn't play unless I hit play but it loads and interrupts the car radio.

Model: Pixel 6

Android version (Settings > About Phone): 13

Build number (Settings > About Phone): TP1A.221005.002

Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone): Not noted

Pandora version: 2211.1

0 Kudos

stationskb
Local Performer

2022 blazer. Same issue here with Android auto. Funny thing is, it never happened until I chose to launch Pandora from the Android auto screen instead of from my phone app. Now every time I turn on my car Pandora starts with no way to turn it off.

0 Kudos

cford21
Underground
This is exactly how it happened for me too!Sent from my Galaxy
0 Kudos

gehowe
Local Performer

2018 Maxima - same issue here... Except that using any media through Android Auto now causes Pandora to open automatically when connected... I tried playing a movie on my phone via HBO max while waiting at my daughter's bus stop, via Android Auto, which didn't work. After that, Pandora opens up every time I connect via USB and it changes the media source, requiring me to switch back to whatever it was on before, such as FM or Sirius..

0 Kudos

ct500ss
Local Performer

Same issue. Two different vehicles, same Galaxy S9 phone. One stock Pioneer the other an after market Alpine. Listening to FM or XM and then connect my phone for navigation with Android Auto, Pandora changes the media source to itself, requiring me to switch back to XM, then go back to the map. I usually don't listen to Pandora in my car but have started to recently and nearly every time I have it on, my Android Auto now randomly disconnects and I need to unplug and replug in my phone and wait for it to reconnect with my phone, then have to hit continue on my phone, then wait for the map to reload.... extremely frustrating especially when needing directions while driving in traffic. I realize this is an Android Auto issue but seems to be directly related to listening to Pandora as it has never and does not happen when Pandora is not playing.

Also happens with Pixel5 - disconnects from Android Auto when listening to Pandora. Losing the map while driving **ahem**

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

cford21
Underground
I had the same thing. I finally Uninstalled pandora from my phone and reinstalled it and no more issues. I just won't open pandora on the car again. Sent from my Galaxy
0 Kudos

Jrable
Local Performer

Connect your android to vehicle so android auto starts

If you have the latest update, you will now see the settings cog at the bottom of the screen.  Select settings, then scroll down to start music automatically and turn that off.  This resolved for my 16 silverado

Muzic
Local Performer

I have the same issue. I have tried all the settings you provided.  I even went I to developer mode and tried. Still does not work. I am uninstalling Panadora until the issue is fix. How do I get an alerts on the fix?

0 Kudos

Gentry
Local Performer

I just bought a new 2022 Silverado & am having the same issue. I'm thinking of uninstalling Pandora but would rather not. I still listen to it sometimes, just not everytime, as soon as I get in my truck. I really think it's a Chevy/radio problem, though, because my Audible app does the same thing if I used it last instead of Pandora.

0 Kudos

Synergy26
Local Performer

I have the same issue.  Galaxy s23 ultra with a 2020 ram 1500 and android auto.  Pandora self starts everytime.  I have the launch from car turned off in the android app and in the android auto app I have start music automatically turned off..  how can we get this fixed.  I listen to pay Dora occasionally but mainly Sirius xm your parents company that comes through the truck but Pandora starts everytime with android auto

0 Kudos

YosemiteEagle
Underground

This worked! Finally, relief... Thank you so much... 

0 Kudos