cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Auto: Pandora won't close after being connected

Rubeus
Local Performer

Pandora is always left open running in background after using Android Auto, and will begin to play as soon as the phone syncs to any other Bluetooth device unless a Force Stop is used to terminate it.   I have found the only solution is to have the Android Auto Pandora Screen on the display when disconnecting the phone and/or turning off the car.  If Android Auto has anything else on screen when exiting the car, i.e. Waze, Google Maps, etc.. Pandora seems to miss the signal to Stop and Close.   Has been this way for over a year and hoping my input can help find a solution if there is not one already, thanks! 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
29 Replies

sclemens
Underground

No, when I shutoff my car and stereo, unplug my phone, Pandora keeps running.  Never launched it on my phone before plugging it into my stereo though.  Also, with no car or android auto, if I start Pandora on my phone and then close it, it keeps running in the background not playing.  I had disables both autostart and background data for Pandora, still does it though.  Also, the bug which Pandora autolaunches playing music after a reboot is not fixed, my new Samsung S23FE with all uptodate softwares does it!   

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @sclemens 

To clarify, you're hearing audible music playing from your phone or are you seeing a player notification appear?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

sclemens
Underground

Audible music only on a reboot.  When disconnecting from Android Auto, just running paused in the background.  When closed from phone only a system notification it turn out. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the reply, @sclemens and thanks for the clarification.

I'd like to confirm the status of 2 settings within your Pandora app settings.

The first, can you confirm if Auto-Start is enabled or disabled? If enabled can you disable this setting.

• Settings > Advanced > Auto-Start > Make sure Enable Auto-Start is disabled

The second, can you confirm the Launch from Car feature is disabled?

• Settings > Advanced > Bluetooth Devices > Enable Launch From Car is disabled

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and passed along your experience to our engineering team for further investigation.

Thanks for your help and patience!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

sclemens
Underground

Yes auto-start was and is disabled.  

Yes auto-launch in android auto is disabled.  

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up, @sclemens. I've updated my notes to our engineering team. Thanks again!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Brian_Scott
Local Performer

No, Tanner. The issue occurs when the car is turned off. Rather than Pandora just pausing when the Bluetooth disconnects, the phone is silent for a few seconds, and then Pandora begins playing at high volume through the phone. Pandora becomes unresponsive and won't pause and the App either needs to be force closed from Android "Settings" or the phone needs to be restarted. I've been using Pandora for 10+ years and this only began occurring with the most recent Android OS update. It's an Android caused issue, but Pandora needs to get on a fix quickly or I'm going to walk away from my subscription. Thanks.

Pandora 2310.1, Android 14, One UI 6.0, Samsung SM-S901U (Galaxy S22), Android Auto 10.9.634644

0 Kudos

PeteH
Local Performer

This is happening to me as well.  When I disconnect from the car android auto stops but Pandora doesn't.  I usually have my phone muted and figure out it is still running when my battery drains.  2019 Audi A6.  Pixel 7 with latest android.

0 Kudos

Sunshyne974
Local Performer

This is my exact issue. Started after the last Android update. 

0 Kudos

radarguy
Local Performer

Same/similar problem here.  Android 14 on PIXEL, BMW ID8 (ver. 1123.73).  After leaving the car Android Auto and WAZE automatically shut down on the phone.  Pandora does not, but I can turn it off using the Android menu on the phone.  Very annoying.  It uses up the phone's battery when I forget to turn Pandora off.

0 Kudos