cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to connect Pandora in various vehicles after 2208.1

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 10/6/22

I'd like to again thank everyone for posting their trouble with connecting Android devices to Pandora in the car. We understand how frustrating this experience can be and wanted you to know that we're working hard to resolve this issue.

If you're new to this thread and experience an issue connecting to Pandora with your Android, feel free to post. Your information will be passed along to our engineering ticket.

Updates will continue to be posted in this thread as they are given to the Community Team.

In the meantime, these steps may help to connect to your vehicle:

• First, make sure your phone is not connected to your vehicle via Bluetooth.
  • Then, launch Pandora on your phone before starting you car.
  • Once Pandora is playing, then connect to your vehicle via Bluetooth.

Thank you all for your continued patience.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Pandora Update: 9/20/22

Hi everyone! Thanks for posting your experience to community.

Since many of you are having trouble on various Android phones and in different vehicles I've gone ahead and merged all related posts into one thread to help stay organized with updates and information.

If you're new to this thread, please note that this is for Android users who are unable to connect to Pandora in their vehicle or in-vehicle device with version 2208.1 or later.

An internal ticket has been created and our engineering teams are investigating. Updates will be made in this thread as they are made available to us.

We appreciate your continued patience while we look into this.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
393 Replies

SixStrRzr
Local Performer
I never tried any of the retroactive software installs since my Android lost connection to my 2014 Chev last Sept. Then, in December,  it started working as usual. Maybe it had to do with the GM sunset of 2G service (the valued parts of OnStar went away for 2014 and older vehicles) in December?Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
0 Kudos

XtheEdgeX
Opening Act

My 2014 Silverado is one that stopped working last year. It recently started working again, too. I'm not sure what fixed it. My phone provider updated me to Android 12, and like you said about the 2G. Before, I couldn't get the Pandora auto start to work in my truck but now that works, too.

0 Kudos

PaulaSheryl1234
Local Performer

I have a 2014 GMC Sierra. With my previous Motorola Android phone Pandora worked beautifully. I upgraded to the Moto G power because I needed more memory but now I can't get any sound for my tunes. The artist and info show up as if it's playing but no sound. Radio works fine etc. 

0 Kudos

Tjmorette
Local Performer

Broken again after latest Android update

0 Kudos

blueknight308
Underground

I have a 2015 Honda CRV AWD Touring and an Android Samsung S9+ Android 10 phone which all of a sudden (a while back) quit letting me connect to the Pandora connection on my Honda. I liked that feature because it allowed me to switch channels in Pandora on the vehicle screen without picking up my phone. After reading some messages and playing around with my Samsung S9+ phone, I came up with this solution.

Apparently the Pandora Phone app update of 2208.8.1 (I think) broke the compatibility with communications between the phone and vehicle of the some of the older vehicles. I am just guessing here but I think Pandora programmers adding new functionality to newer cars with Android Auto may have been the reasoning behind this. Anyway the solution that worked for me is to ROLL back the phone app to the 2205.1.1 version to restore communications compatibility and lock that app on that version by turning off the auto update function of that app only on your Android phone. Step by step here is what I did.

Step 1: On phone open Play Store, click your profile pic in the upper right corner, click Manage Apps and Device, Click the Manage Tab at top, find Pandora App in the list and select it, click the three dot menu at top right, uncheck Enable Auto Update, this setting will be saved nd Pandora ONLY will no longer update. Close everything on phone.

Step 2: On phone open Settings GearBox, then Apps, then Pandora, in lower right corner click Force Stop, then Uninstall.

Step 3: On Computer or Phone, download the following file. You can do this on your computer then put it on your phone or search "Android Pandora 2205.1.1 APK" and download on your phone, either way should work.

https://apkcombo.com/pandora/com.pandora.android/download/phone-2205.1.1-apk

Step 4: On phone click on the APK file or install using the phones installer, just get the APK file installed on your phone. If it complains that it can't install app from that location, takes whatever steps necessary to allow the installation. I installed this exact file and my phones virus scanner said it was clean and it works just like I'm used to it working again.

Step 5: Final step. On phone open Pandora, enter your account info. Then click on your profile in Pandora, then the settings gearbox in Pandora, scroll to the bottom and check version should be 2205.1.1. You might go back to Step 1 just to check that Auto Update of Pandora is still UNCHECKED so it won't do this again.

Have fun and drive safe😀
Robert W Harper😊

mendeemoo
Local Performer

You are the MAN! Thank you! I did just about everything I could think of but pull my **ahem** radio out of my car, or buy a new one (car that is). You saved me!

0 Kudos

captainruss
Local Performer

I just switched back from a galaxy 13 where pandora played flawlessly.  Switching back to an A11 I get the "Pandora error please check connected device"

Pandora app plays fine on the phone but wont connect.

Vehicle I 2015 Chevy Colorado

Padora 2304.1

HELP!!!

0 Kudos

Stevens761
Local Performer

This might be a ling shot but give this a try. Not exactly the same issue but see if it works for your issue.  Update on fix. Today I resolved my no sound issue by pure luck on my 2015 Silverado. The issue was in the chevy mylink Bluetooth. Here is what I did to solve my issue.

1. Open Bluetooth on phone

2. Select chevy mylink or the bluetooth service Subaru uses

3. Select gear icon

4. Unselect HD Audio

When I did this the sound worked. Couldn't believe it was something this simple but surprised me the most is the experts had no answer. Hopefully this works for those with no sound using the Pandora app installed on the vehicle.

0 Kudos

Pace21
Local Performer
Thanks will give it a try
0 Kudos

Stevens761
Local Performer

Let me know if it worked for you.

0 Kudos

Jal1996
Local Performer

In the Pandora App on your Android phone, open Settings, Advanced & turn on Launch from Car under Bluetooth Devices. This will allow the Pandora App on your vehicle to connect to the Pandora App on your Android phone. 

IMG_20230707_162427.jpg

SMehanovic2022
Local Performer

My Cadillac CUE system has a message that says check device connection when I try to open Pandora on my car screen. It works fine through Bluetooth, but I can't change stations or anything through my car screen when on Bluetooth. It used to work until about September 2022, then suddenly started saying check device connection. Any solutions?

0 Kudos

blueknight308
Underground

Check out my prev posting about my 2015 Honda CRV. Sounds like the same problem I had.

Follow my steps and post here if it worked for you also. I think they are advancing the Pandora Android App into an incompatible state with vehicles that have older smart phone versions of software in them if that makes sense. Like trying to run Win 10 software programs on a Win 98 computer, it's not gonna work right.

Blueknight308

0 Kudos

blueknight308
Underground

Check out my post about my 2015 Honda CRV. Sounds like the same issue on your 2015 Colorado. Android version of Pandora on your A11 is too NEW for the 2015 Colorado. Try the steps in my post to Downgrade Android Pandora, that might solve your issue.

0 Kudos

JohnMetro
Local Performer

Does not connect to my Pioneer FH-S722BS radio. 

0 Kudos

EPA18
Underground
You must be kidding. Dontcha think everyone here already knows that? The
only thing that worked for me was using an older version of Pandora, and
setting it so that it doesn't automatically update.
0 Kudos

JohnMetro
Local Performer
Thanks,

I just changed the radio and I found the forum. Glad everyone has it all worked out.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy
In the Middle of Nowhere
0 Kudos

Bobsyouruncle
Local Performer

Yes did you ever figure it out?! Mines doing the same thing

0 Kudos

blueknight308
Underground
Yes I had posted detailed instructions for the solution I came up with that
worked perfectly for me. Others have commented and had the same success
even in other vehicles. Follow back this thread for my first post.
0 Kudos

EPA18
Underground
To solve the problem:

1) Download an older version of Pandora. These are available online, but
not through Pandora.

2) Go to Google Play store and tell it not to automatically update the
program to the latest version.
0 Kudos