cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Apple Carplay bugs

davistw
Opening Act

I have had an issue for a good while. I reported it here:

https://community.pandora.com/t5/Automotive/Error-quot-identifier-not-found-quot/m-p/1357#M17

In that thread it was stated that the developers know about this and an update will be released

Since then the iphone app has been updated twice. While the symptoms have changed in that when a phone call comes in it does not cause errors. But the new symptom is this:

when I have a song playing and I turn the radio off and then back on the tumbs up/down button turns into a rewind button.

This is running carplay app version 1911.1 on applecarplay.

Oh and something else has happed a couple of times. It would get to the end of a song and just set there never go on to the next song. The only way to get it to continue is to go to another station and then back to the station I was listening to.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

TannerPandora

Hey @davistw  thanks for letting us know. Iโ€™ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand whatโ€™s happening. We'll need you to continue to use Pandora in the car as you normally would. 

Also, since the trace is enabled, would you mind doing me a favor and uninstalling and then reinstalling the app on your iPhone? Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

davistw
Opening Act

Can do. I just did a app delete and a re-install.

I logged into pandora on the phone and went to the truck

I fired up pandora on the carplay and selected recently played thumbprint radio. The station started playing.

I turned the radio off with the knob then turned it back on. The pandora started playing again.

I selected car play from my radio gui and the station came back up with the song playing and the rewind button where they thumb button should be.

I went to the station selector an tried to select a differnt station and got a ID not found on any selection

I selected a different selection besides recently played and selected a station and then back to tumbprint and the button is back.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for following up with that info @davistw 

@TmacPandora can you take a look at this thread for me? ๐Ÿ™

0 Kudos

TmacPandora
Pandora
Pandora

Hi @TannerPandora.  I'm an android developer. You want to talk to the IOS team about CarPlay issues.   I believe there are changes coming for this in an upcoming release, but you'll want to verify with them.

TMac | Staff Software Engineer

0 Kudos

davistw
Opening Act

I just received an update to 1911.2

bug is still there,

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for following up @davistw I'll let our engineers know. 

Could you do me a favor and provide a photo of what you're seeing when this happens. 

Thanks for the help. 

0 Kudos

davistw
Opening Act

IMG-4560.jpgIMG-4562.jpg

Here ya go. So far the times this shows up are when I plug my phone in befor I start the truck and when I turn off the radio while pandora is playing and turning it back on. It is pretty random in that it does not do this every time but most times it does. I have not figured out how to repeat it every time.

0 Kudos

davistw
Opening Act

One more photo

IMG-4564.jpg

0 Kudos

davistw
Opening Act
I have unloaded and reloaded/refreshed the app on my iphone and it did not help. I can pretty much repeat it by turning off the radio using the radio button. When I turn it back on the button has changed into a back into a rewind button. I can also pretty much repeat it by plugging my phone in before I start my car.
0 Kudos

davistw
Opening Act
Updated to IOS Padora version 2001.1 and the bug is still there
0 Kudos

Birkdale
Local Performer

Was this resolved?

0 Kudos

davistw
Opening Act

yes

0 Kudos

jdub7
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue in my Ram1500. The rewind button appears in place of the thumbs button in Pandora. I just got the truck so I've not tried to troubleshoot it yet.

Pandora version 2103.1

iPhone 12 Max and 14.4.2

0 Kudos