cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artist/Song Info not displaying on head unit

mschu
Local Performer

Just switched to an LG Velvet and now the Artist and Song information no longer shows while connected to Bluetooth in car.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
27 Replies

fredk
Underground

Any update @TannerPandora ? Who is working on this and what progress has been made so far? Please be specific. It has been 5 months., if there has been no progress in this period, it is hard to believe it will ever be resolved. I see Spotify is rolling out the Car Thing. If we can't get this issue resolved I may have to switch over to Spotify and use the Car Thing. Let me know, thanks.

0 Kudos

fredk
Underground

Please respond.

0 Kudos

fredk
Underground

@TannerPandora  I guess there will not be any help coming on this?

0 Kudos

Kenlee
Local Performer

FYI, I also had this problem, but managed to fix it.  Phone is Pixel 3.  Car is Hyundai Elantra Sport 2014

The cause was the AVRCP was updated to a default of version 1.5, but 1.4 or 1.3 is the compatible version for the head unit.

Steps to Fix:

1. Turn on Developer options: Settings>About Phone> then tap Build Number 7 times

2. Settings>System>Advanced>Developer Options>Bluetooth AVRCP Version

3. Change AVRCP Version to 1.3 or 1.4

4. Turn Bluetooth Off, then turn Bluetooth back on

5. Connect phone to the car by Bluetooth and it should work.  If it does not work, then change the AVRCP version to the other option (1.3 or 1.4)

RebeccaMc
Local Performer

Hey Kenlee, I wanted to thank you for posting this information to the forum. I checked the options on my phone and had the option of using AVRCP versions 1.3-1.6 and changed the setting on my phone back to 1.4 and the next time I got in my car, a 2016 Hyundai Elantra Sport, and used Pandora, the artist name and title of the song immediately came up on my car's display. I really appreciate that you not only figured out the potential issue, but took the time to post instructions on the forum for other people who are having the same issue.

I did have some trouble getting into developer mode on my phone, a Google Pixel 3, and since every Android phone is different, it may be a little difficult for some people. I'm lucky that my best friend is a former programmer who started when he was a teenager, going to the local Radio Shack and hacking into the computers they had on display. He was able to help me with this.

Thank you again, I sincerely appreciate it!

Rebecca

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

xanvta
Local Performer

Same  issue with Android phone (Samsung Galaxy Prime) & Kenwood head unit DPX504BT.  How can I fix this issue?  The head unit plays the Pandora selection but shows "Reading" where the artist/song info should be.

0 Kudos

AshleePandora
Pandora
Pandora

Hi @xanvta, thanks for posting to community.

We are currently investigating this issue and are working on it. I definitely understand how frustrating this experience can be. I've gone ahead and passed your info along to our engineering team.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime!

xanvta
Local Performer

Thank you.  I'll await your  reply.

0 Kudos