Just switched to an LG Velvet and now the Artist and Song information no longer shows while connected to Bluetooth in car.
Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity
Any update @TannerPandora ? Who is working on this and what progress has been made so far? Please be specific. It has been 5 months., if there has been no progress in this period, it is hard to believe it will ever be resolved. I see Spotify is rolling out the Car Thing. If we can't get this issue resolved I may have to switch over to Spotify and use the Car Thing. Let me know, thanks.
FYI, I also had this problem, but managed to fix it. Phone is Pixel 3. Car is Hyundai Elantra Sport 2014
The cause was the AVRCP was updated to a default of version 1.5, but 1.4 or 1.3 is the compatible version for the head unit.
Steps to Fix:
1. Turn on Developer options: Settings>About Phone> then tap Build Number 7 times
2. Settings>System>Advanced>Developer Options>Bluetooth AVRCP Version
3. Change AVRCP Version to 1.3 or 1.4
4. Turn Bluetooth Off, then turn Bluetooth back on
5. Connect phone to the car by Bluetooth and it should work. If it does not work, then change the AVRCP version to the other option (1.3 or 1.4)