cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can barely hear the music in the car

twells426
Local Performer

I can hear just fine on my computer my problem is I cannot hear in my car radio so what am I doing wrong

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @twells426.

I moved your post over the Automotive board to keep the community organized.

Could you tell us a bit more about what is happening?

• What is the make, model and year of your vehicle?
  • If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?

Also, please provide the following details:

• What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  • How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)
  • Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?
  • Have you experienced this issue only when in the car, or also when listening on your phone outside the car?

Let us know, and we can follow up with you. 🎶

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

BreenX
Diamond in the Rough

Hi there! Tell you what I do. I have an Android, and when I connect to my car via bluetooh, I turn the volume up ALL THE WAY on my phone. That way, the volume going to the car is maxed out, and the car itself is limiting/adjusting the volume. I do get that warning about playing audio at full volume on my phone before turning my phone ALL THE WAY UP!!!!!!! KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN'!!!!!!!

Alright . . . I'll settle down . . . .

Hope that helps.

B

TannerPandora

Hi @twells426 I definitely would check your volume setting on your phone after you connect your mobile device to your vehicle like @BreenX suggested. Sometimes when connecting to bluetooth devices, volume settings automatically adjust. 

If that doesn't help, I'm happy to take a deeper look. Can you let me know the following questions that @AlyssaPandora mentioned above?

• What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  • How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)
  • Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?
  • Have you experienced this issue only when in the car, or also when listening on your phone outside the car?

Thanks! 🚙👍

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

billyhoward
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem. I have an iPhone 11, a 2013 Subaru Outback and the volume for tele calls and my navigation are fine, but when I go to Pandora I have to turn the volume on the car all the way up. If someone calls while I'm listening to Pandora, the ring tone is off the charts and startling, deafening, so it isn't the connection to the bluetooth or the car radio, it has something to do with Pandora. Thanks for any advice.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @billyhoward 

Can you tell me a little more about your experience and devices.

• Can you let me know the Pandora version on your iPhone 11?
  • Are you listening with the integrated Pandora app, Apple CarPlay or only Bluetooth?
  • Does this thing occur when connected with USB in your Subaru?
  • Do you experiencing a similar issue if connected to a bluetooth speaker?

Let me know. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

mobilemusic
Local Performer

Hi @TannerPandora 
I am experiencing the same issue as the members above..
Android 
OnePlus 7 Pro
Pandora 4.4
Issue is both on USB and Bluetooth.
2018 Subaru Outback.

Other than trying @BreenX's volume adjustment on the phone, is there another setting to try?  

0 Kudos

Vexed
Local Performer

I had the same frustrating problem. On your phone go to settings/sounds and turn up media volume.  Hope this helps.