cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarPlay: Pandora automatically launches

dpnelson
Underground

This did not work for me. It still opens up constantly. Upon connecting, then upon closing the app. It won't go away. I have unchecked "Enable Launch from Car" under "BluetoothDevices" in the Advanced Settings. What now?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
51 Replies

Unhappyuser9999
Opening Act

Hey Pandora, listen to what this person is saying! We are tired of being told to change the settings. We have all changed our settings. They have nothing to do with the problem!

He’s asking a great question Pandora. When the heck are you going to address this?

This solution does not work

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

dfaherty349
Local Performer

Is there a solution?  I may just delete Pandora.

0 Kudos

kjmc580
Underground

Honestly I don’t know, I ended up deleting the app entirely 2 years ago since I hadn’t been using Pandora much anyway.  My guess is there isn’t one seeing as how as of this past December people still are having issues. It seems like Pandora just isn’t compatible with car stereos

0 Kudos

Unhappyuser9999
Opening Act
I am unaware of any solution. It continues to interrupt everything I do when it’s plugged into CarPlay. The main problems seem to be any on Subaru GMC and Jeep. I don’t know why the Pandora engineers can’t fix it – it’s just a little simple app and there’s not another app in the world doing it. It can’t be that freaking hard. So far I’ve hung onto Pandora only because Spotify is so much more expensive and I’ve been building playlists on Pandora for something like 10 years. And I have a really good collection of my own personal music. It happens so often now I just automatically click the little back arrow at the upper left corner of the iPhone screen and move on. It’s not acceptable at all and it does make me wonder if Pandora is even a viable business anymore.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

kjmc580
Underground

It’s a problem on most cars I think…my previous car was a 2013 Nissan Altima and I had this problem from the very beginning…this issue goes back over 10 years now. If I remember correctly it would work as intended after app/software updates on iOS but then the same thing would happen again after awhile.  When it started happening in my new car I just got rid of the app

0 Kudos

cal25dogs
Local Performer

Apparently the new update wiped my disabling of Pandora in Car Play. Almost got completely lost (again) because I couldn't load my map.

This is a severe safety hazard. How has it gone on so long?!?!?!?!?

0 Kudos

Amberranglin
Local Performer

Here it is May of 2023 and this is STILL an ongoing issue.🤦🏻‍♀️

tratl
Local Performer

Same issue that only started last week - every single time I get in the car, Pandora automatically opens on the iPhone and connects to Bluetooth; since I haven't actually opened the app on my phone, I can't close it - I do NOT have CarPlay...deleted Pandora until it's fixed:

iOS 16.6

2016 Nissan Leaf

OEM stereo

0 Kudos

Unhappyuser9999
Opening Act
I have a paid subscription but I still deleted pandora app. Can’t take it one more second. I’ll try logging in thru a browser but odds are I won’t be using it much anymore for anything and eventually will cancel.
0 Kudos

FixYourProblems
Local Performer

Hello. We are now in February 2024 and it looks like Pandora will not be doing anything to fix this ? Then this is a good bye to pandora cuz I can’t with this stupid app popping back up every time I try to close it. Uninstalled. Fix your stuff. 

0 Kudos

Unhappyuser9999
Opening Act
Use the app in YOUR CAR'S CONSOLE. No other option.
0 Kudos

Bse1991
Local Performer

Apparently not. I deleted Pandora for a while. Decided to download again so I could listen to music at work. I can't get my car to stop playing Pandora now!