cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarPlay + iOS18: Pandora won't load

barnettjordan7
Local Performer

Has anyone been experiencing any problems with Pandora while using Apple CarPlay after updating your iPhone to iOS 18?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
67 Replies

lawsongaither
Local Performer

Other platforms are up and running , I’m going to move to another service . Looking for suggestions . 

0 Kudos

Rsmith718
Underground

I’ve tried them all and keep returning to Pandora. Apple Music would be perfect with Pandora’s algorithms….

agc428
Opening Act

Pandora for 10+ years... Please Pandora, FIX Apple ios 18 Carplay.

A lot of people use carplay traveling to and from work and on road trips. the only time we get to de-stress from our workday... except now it's annoying. 

Please Fix

Murfo1211
Local Performer

Thought it was my Ford, but even in my wife’s Hyundai, both the same not loading

0 Kudos

Tangela1010
Local Performer

I’m having the same issue. My screen always says loading. I have to click on my collection and then stations to get it to play and show up on the screen.

0 Kudos

Oubliette
Local Performer

For what it is worth, I had this issue just after the iOS 18 update came out. I updated thinking that was the issue. It wasn’t. The workaround using My Collection doesn’t work (2020 Honda CRV). I have to go through my phone to change channels etc. which defeats the purpose of being hands free. Hope this gets fixed. I just had to drive the last 30 minutes on the highway listening to the kid’s music station. *silent mom crying*

0 Kudos

AshyBear27
Underground

Thank you, Pandora for fixing the issue. My CarPlay now shows the songs that are currently playing and I can skip songs without having to touch my phone.

0 Kudos

gvinson58
Underground
Just checked CarPlay in my truck and it’s still broken. Just continues to indicate “loading” and doesn’t show stations.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

AshyBear27
Underground

If you guys launch the Pandora app on your phone, hit the home button on CarPlay and scroll left to the screen that shows the map, it should show “Now Playing”. Click on that and it opens Pandora. You’ll be able to skip songs and it’ll show what’s playing. I found that little “work around” earlier.

0 Kudos

ronf
Local Performer

Same thing is happening to me with OS 18 and CarPlay

0 Kudos

gvinson58
Underground
Thank you that, however, but I would rather have Pandora work like it did in iOS 17. Can’t believe this wasn’t tested.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

ronf
Local Performer

I have the same issue with OO 18 and pandora. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling pandora and other things but pandora still does not load in CarPlay. Amazon music works, Spotify seems to work as well. Disappointed Pandora did not verify the functionality 

0 Kudos

AshyBear27
Underground

@gvinson58 Me too, but I found that by accident and it works for me until Pandora sends out a patch to fix this

0 Kudos

itzsmk71
Local Performer

Come on Pandora. get this fixed. No reason we should have to use a work-around. You had Beta access to ios18 for how long????

0 Kudos

kidsRus77H
Local Performer

I have the charging cord and it still won’t load properly on my 2019 Chevy Equinox

0 Kudos

agc428
Opening Act

This did NOT work completely,

Goto; Settings>Screen Time>Content & Privacy Restrictions>Allowed Apps & Features... Make sure the Carplay switch is GREEN.

Might work/help for some, did NOT work for me... Pandora needs to FIX.

Looking at DOWNGRADING to ios 17... Anybody try this? How did it go?? Any suggestions??? Did it fix the Pandora compatibility issues?

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

BBH42
Local Performer

Yes.... It totally remapped my setup. Through some experimentation I was able to get it to relist my Stations, but along with numerous other stations. 

I guess a flawless upgrade is just a dream. 

I discovered that the "volume" icon in the upper right corner will launch the "normal" screen showing album art and song lengths.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

agc428
Opening Act

I have 3 iphone 12 mini's (wife's and 2 mine) I updated both of mine to ios 18 and having compatibility issues... my wife's iphone is ios 17 (no update) and works flawlessly. I also have a iphone SE V3 updated to ios 18 and it has Carplay compatibility issues. I also have an iphone 11 pro max (Too big for traveling, so we use it IN-house music only)  updated to ios 18 and it has Carplay compatibility issues.  So, I tried my old iphone 6S+ ios ver.15.8.3... Pandora ver.2408.1 and it works flawlessly.

I am starting to believe Apple might be more to blame for compatibility issues between Pandora and ios 18 Carplay. 

0 Kudos

Mjdurso80
Local Performer

Yes.  Pandora is the only app that doesn’t sync up like it always did before I installed IOS 18.  

0 Kudos

agc428
Opening Act

Apple must have coded a change/hook/routine or something in ios 18 and Pandora depends on it to work properly. 

0 Kudos