cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: "identifier not found"

davistw
Underground

2019 Ford F250 ios 13.1. While listening to pandora the display is correct. I receive a text message and then the display reverts to a display without the thuimbsup/down button. I can change the station then change back and the display updates correcty.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TmacPandora
Pandora
Pandora

Hey @davistw, our developers are aware of the issue and are working on a potential fix.   

TMac | Staff Software Engineer

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

15 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @davistw thanks for joining our community! I've moved your post to the Automotive section to keep things tidy. 

I'd like to start with some standard troubleshooting.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap the tiny "x" that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

After reinstalling, try using CarPlay again and let me know if you're still having the same issue. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

davistw
Underground

That did not help.

Attached is an example

IMG_4365.jpeg

What I have to do to fix it is:

Go to stations and select a new station then go back to shuffle and its fixed.

Note:

If I go to recent while it is broken it will display the attached

IMG_4368.jpg

0 Kudos

davistw
Underground

Am I the only one seeing this anomoly?

0 Kudos

davistw
Underground

I updated my sync3 to the latest code available (19205) and the problem still exists. Would it help if I subscribed to pandora plus vs the "free ad supported" version to get some attention?

0 Kudos

davistw
Underground

Something else of interest. When it goes into that mode I can go to my phone and shutdown pandora. Carplay will then bring it back up and then thumb up/down button will be there.

0 Kudos

jzebro24
Local Performer
im having the same problem plus lately its only been playing the same 4 songs. I just uninstalled my phone in my car and then paired it again, I deleted the app and just reinstalled it.. Ill check tomorrow and hopefully itll work in the morning. UGH
0 Kudos

davistw
Underground

did it work?

@jzebro24 wrote:
im having the same problem plus lately its only been playing the same 4 songs. I just uninstalled my phone in my car and then paired it again, I deleted the app and just reinstalled it.. Ill check tomorrow and hopefully itll work in the morning. UGH

0 Kudos

TmacPandora
Pandora
Pandora

Hey @davistw, our developers are aware of the issue and are working on a potential fix.   

TMac | Staff Software Engineer

View solution in original post

davistw
Underground

Cool

0 Kudos

davistw
Underground

Well I updated my phone app to 1910.3 and it is much better. There have still been times that the up/down is not displayed but I can not figure out how to replicate it. Overall it works much much better

0 Kudos

davistw
Underground

Found a way to repilcate it every time.

1. Start pandora on carplay and play a selection
    1. Observe that the up/down selector is visable
  2. While the selection is playing press the radio off button
  3. Turn radio on button back on
  4. Select carplay to display carplay
    1. Observe that the up/down button has been replaced with a left arrow

From then on the only way to get the up/down button back is to select a different selection and then go back to the seleciton you had.

0 Kudos

davistw
Underground

version 2001.1 problem still exists

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @davistw thanks for the updates. 

I've asked our User Support team to start a trace on your account so we can have a better understanding of what is going on. 

Would you mind uninstalling and then reinstalling the Pandora app on your phone while this trace is enabled. 

In the meantime, I'm going to pass this information on to our engineers for further investigation. 

Thanks again for all that you do! 👍

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

LuizPandora
Pandora
Pandora

Hi @davistw thank you for your patience and for all the super useful feedback.

On 2/21/2020 we enabled an update that should eliminate the "Identifier not found" issue for you on the same app version (2001.1). No need to reinstall the app as it should eventually pick up the update on its own. If you want to make sure you get the update right away you can log out, close and restart the app, then log back in.

Please let us know if you still experience the issue.
Thank you! 

Luiz | Sr. Software Engineer

davistw
Underground

fixed

0 Kudos