cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GMC - Waiting for Coverage message

dtait231
Local Performer

Help! I have a Pandora app icon on my entertainment system in my new 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT. It's worked perfeclly for the last month and now I'm getting this message: "connecting...waiting for coverage..." and it never connects. Any ideas or remedies?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @dtait231 GMC have their own hotspot in the vehicle. Since Pandora needs an active internet connection, could you ensure that this is working correctly. You may have to talk to your dealership about it. 

Let me know how it goes. Thanks for posting to community! 🎧🚙

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

38 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @dtait231 GMC have their own hotspot in the vehicle. Since Pandora needs an active internet connection, could you ensure that this is working correctly. You may have to talk to your dealership about it. 

Let me know how it goes. Thanks for posting to community! 🎧🚙

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Retiredgeek
Local Performer

For Xmas I just gifted a Premium account from a Premium/Family member.  I had always enjoyed Pandora Free for several years previously.  Premium is amazing and works just great on my desktop and Pixel 2 phone but not in my 2019 GMC Canyon.  Downloaded GM’s built in Pandora Infotainment app, logged in, but all I get is a message “Signing In Waiting for Coverage”.

As Tanner said in the post above, you need to active GM’s Hot Spot service, at an additional monthly cost, to use the Pandora Infotainment app.  This is true for other built-in Infotainment apps like Spotify too.  It is a another way for GM to suck more $$ from us consumers.  No thanks.

Still, I get some of the benefits of Premium listening to Pandora in my truck via Bluetooth as before.

0 Kudos

Shane
Local Performer

I was experiencing the exact same issue and I was able to resolve. I activated my hotspot on my phone and connected the radio. It signed in and works perfectly. I am not sure if I will have to connect to hotspot on phone everytime, but it is resolved for the moment. 

0 Kudos

Victor9851
Local Performer

I have a similar problem. 2015 Chevy Hi Country, I have the added WiFi, it works great except for Pandora, I receive constantan Connection Error messages. Pandora will not pick up the WiFi connection from the entertainment center, my phone picks it up and connects to WiFi in areas with no cell coverage.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Victor9851! Thanks for posting!

I'm going to create a support case for you. An agent from our automotive support team will reach out via email to further assist. 

Please be on the look out for their email.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Blpattillo
Local Performer

Any update on this I’m having the same problem will not connect through Silverado app on the my link but only with Bluetooth media on the phone 

0 Kudos

hedenfield13
Local Performer

I am having trouble with the Pandora app in my 2020 GMC Terrain. I downloaded the app but it says 'waiting for coverage' and never does anything.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Blpattillo! Are you getting a connection error message as well when trying to use the app within in the head unit?

• What year is your Silverado?
  • What is the make and model of your mobile?
  • Can you do me a favor and take a picture of the error that you're seeing?

Hi @hedenfield13! I do see a GM association with your Pandora account. If you're using the integrated Pandora app that is found within your vehicles head unit, be sure that the WiFi Hotspot is active and working properly. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

hedenfield13
Local Performer

So I need to have WIFI in the car if I want to use the Pandora app that was installed in my vehicle? 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@hedenfield13 Correct, the Pandora app integration in GM is powered by a Wi-Fi Hotspot built into your vehicle. 

Alternative options to connect Pandora to your vehicle:

• Bluetooth - You can connect your phone via Bluetooth only and control Pandora with your smartphone.
  • Android Auto / CarPlay - If your vehicle is equipped with this feature, you can connect your smartphone via bluetooth or USB and control Pandora through the head unit with Android Auto or CarPlay. 

The alternative options require you to use a compatible iPhone or Android with an active internet connection in order to stream music in the car.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ainslinn
Local Performer

I am also having this issue with my 2021 Chevy. Can you help? 

0 Kudos

RitaM
Local Performer

I am having the same issue with my Equinox. Can you help? Thank you!

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

Zorrah
Local Performer

I’m having this same issue can you please help me out?

0 Kudos

Zorrah
Local Performer

Never mind it started working!

Local Performer

Having same issue in my 2016 Silverado. Service worked without incident until today. Please advise.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ainslinn! and @239! Thanks for posting. 

I checked and I see a GM vehicle associated with your Pandora accounts. I've removed this association, when this takes effect you'll be automatically logged out. When this happens, log back in and try Pandora once more. This has helped previously listeners in the past. 

Keep in mind, the integrated Pandora app that is built into GM vehicles is powered by a Wi-Fi Hotspot built into your vehicle. This hotspot must be active in order for the Pandora to work. 

@RitaM Can you tell me a little more about what is happening. I don't see a vehicle association with your account. Could you provide a little more information so I can investigate?

1. What is the year of your Chevy?
  2. If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?
  3. What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  4. How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)
  5. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

RitaM
Local Performer

Pandora error 

Still unable to login. It just keeps spinning and will not allow me to sign out or change the login info. See attached. Thank you.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for following up, @RitaM. I've created a separate post for this. I've gone ahead and passed your info along to our engineering for further investigation. I'll be sure to make updates in this thread when they are made available to me. 

Can you let me know the year of your Equinox?

For anyone else that may be experiencing this error, in your post please include the following:

• the make, model and year of your vehicle
  • a picture of the error on your head unit

Thank you!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

mc_marino
Local Performer

So it appears that there isn't realla a solution here. 1) I have a Pandora premium account, 2) App is loaded into the head unit on my Sierra, 3) I pay for an unilimted data plan in my truck. Still does not work. I get the message "Network currently unavailable, please try again later". What this tread says is that the only way to get it to work is to stream through phone. This just doesn't seem right!

0 Kudos