cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM vehicles - Waiting for connection

gtummond
Local Performer

Have a brand new 2020 Silverado and I have installed three apps.

Pandora (long, long, long time customer)
The Weather Channel
and Spotify (for testing)

I also have an unlimited data plan on the truck.

Problem. Sometimes when I start the truck a wait a minute Pandora starts playing, sometimes it gets stuck with the message "waiting for connection". At first I thought that it might be an issue with the Truck wifi, however I can switch apps to either the Weather Channel or to Spotify and it works just fine. Switch back to Pandora and same message..
Help! I really love my Pandora and would love for it to work reliably in the Truck.

Thanks

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @gtummond thanks for posting and sorry for any trouble while listening in your Chevy.

I've asked our User Support team to remove the device association with your Chevy. Can you download the app again, log in and let me know if you're still seeing the 'waiting for connection' message. 

Let me know how it goes!

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

14 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @gtummond thanks for posting and sorry for any trouble while listening in your Chevy.

I've asked our User Support team to remove the device association with your Chevy. Can you download the app again, log in and let me know if you're still seeing the 'waiting for connection' message. 

Let me know how it goes!

View solution in original post

gtummond
Local Performer

Yes, that worked. I am back listening to my favorite streaming music app.

thank you!

TannerPandora

Awesome!! Glad to hear @gtummond 🎉

Enjoy the tunes! 🎧

0 Kudos

Natha39
Local Performer

I am having this exact same issue with my new Silverado. Can you help me out? thanks!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Natha39! Thanks for posting to community.

Let's try removing the device association like I did in my previous post to see if this will help.

I've gone ahead and removed the association for your GM, keep in mind this may not happen instantaneously. When it does take affect, you'll be automatically logged out. Then, setup Pandora again in your GM and let me know if you are still receiving the same error.

If you do continue to have trouble, can you do me a favor and take a photo of the error message you are receiving. Also, please include, the year of your Silverado.

Let me know how it goes. 

0 Kudos

Julianna1217
Local Performer

I have a 2020 Chevy traverse. Pandora used to work now it says waiting for connection. I deleted the app and reinstalled it but still it’s not working. I have WiFi and that works. All my other apps work fine except for pandora which I would to have back. My carrier is Verizon 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

Chevy8088
Local Performer

Hello, could you do the same for mine? 2019 silverado 1500

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Julianna1217 & @Chevy8088 Thanks for posting. 

I've removed the device association with the Pandora integrated app in your vehicle and started a trace on your account. When this change takes effect, you'll automatically be logged out. After you log back in and try Pandora once more. If continue to have trouble, please take note of the time and day and I'll take a closer look at the logs. 

Let me know how it goes. 

0 Kudos

SmellsLikeFish
Local Performer

2020 Chevy Silverado. Having the same problem with Pandora. Says signing in waiting for coverage. Any assistance with this please.

0 Kudos

seakracht
Local Performer

I am having the same problem on my 2020 Chev Silverado. I do not have wifi/have to use through my phone???

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @SmellsLikeFish @seakracht

If you're using the integrated app within your Chevy's head unit, keep in mind this integration is powered by a Wi-Fi Hotspot built into your vehicle.

You'll want to be sure that this hotspot is active and working correctly. If you don't have an active hotspot in your car, you can visit www.onstar.com for more info. 

@SmellsLikeFish I do see that you have a Chevy association with your car on your Pandora account. If you're still having trouble I can remove the association and have you run through the set-up again to see if it will help. 

0 Kudos

BBMONTEZ
Underground

I have the exact tarverse 2020 exact problem. My pandora worked perfectly for 4 months.  Today it stopped working said connecting.  So sad love streaming with pandora.. please help

0 Kudos

BBMONTEZ
Underground

Ok woke up this morning and pandora was working after not working all weekend! Weirdest thing but oh well glad to have it back!!

ainslinn
Casual Fan

I am also having this issue with my 2021 Chevy. Can you help? 

0 Kudos