cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GMC Integrated App - Waiting for Coverage message - Pandora never load

RitaM
Local Performer

I am having the same issue with my Equinox. Can you help? Thank you!

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

ainslinn
Local Performer

I am also having this issue with my 2021 Chevy. Can you help? 

0 Kudos

Zorrah
Local Performer

I’m having this same issue can you please help me out?

0 Kudos

Zorrah
Local Performer

Never mind it started working!

Local Performer

Having same issue in my 2016 Silverado. Service worked without incident until today. Please advise.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ainslinn! and @239! Thanks for posting. 

I checked and I see a GM vehicle associated with your Pandora accounts. I've removed this association, when this takes effect you'll be automatically logged out. When this happens, log back in and try Pandora once more. This has helped previously listeners in the past. 

Keep in mind, the integrated Pandora app that is built into GM vehicles is powered by a Wi-Fi Hotspot built into your vehicle. This hotspot must be active in order for the Pandora to work. 

@RitaM Can you tell me a little more about what is happening. I don't see a vehicle association with your account. Could you provide a little more information so I can investigate?

1. What is the year of your Chevy?
  2. If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?
  3. What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  4. How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)
  5. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator
~ Check out Tip #16 Alarm Clock from Tanner's Tips
~ Check out Pandora Top Thumb Hundred Chart

> > Follow us on Twitter @PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

RitaM
Local Performer

Pandora error 

Still unable to login. It just keeps spinning and will not allow me to sign out or change the login info. See attached. Thank you.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for following up, @RitaM. I've created a separate post for this. I've gone ahead and passed your info along to our engineering for further investigation. I'll be sure to make updates in this thread when they are made available to me. 

Can you let me know the year of your Equinox?

For anyone else that may be experiencing this error, in your post please include the following:

• the make, model and year of your vehicle
  • a picture of the error on your head unit

Thank you!

Tanner | Community Moderator
~ Check out Tip #16 Alarm Clock from Tanner's Tips
~ Check out Pandora Top Thumb Hundred Chart

> > Follow us on Twitter @PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

RitaM
Local Performer

2020 Equinox

0 Kudos

curly_q85
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue with my 2021 High Country Traverse. 

Just says waiting for connection. Please help. 

0 Kudos

Angelicdevil196
Local Performer

I am having the same issue, app says signing in waiting for coverage. I tried logging out and logging back in. Taking the app off my chevy and putting it back on. But nothing works. My wifi is on and connected to my phone.

2022 chevy bolt

I can't upload a picture on this 

0 Kudos

DanE1
Local Performer

I've used the built-in Pandora app on two GM vehicles, one a 2017 Chevrolet Cruze, and now on my 2019 Chevrolet Volt.   Each of these vehicles have done this sporadically.  Typically at least once every two weeks or so.  When it happens Pandora's built-in app does NOT recover no matter what you do until the vehicle sits off completely for at least 15 minutes.   I've had this happen even at times the 4G LTE for the vehicle is showing full bars even at vehicle startup.   The Cruze had this issue as far back as 2018.  I've had this happen on my Volt as recently as just this week.  I can also verify when it refuses to work, I do still have WIFI coverage for the vehicle as I can use the Pandora app on my cellphone and still use my car's hotspot with no issue.   So this is either a Pandora app issue on GM vehicles, or some kind of integration with the data stream that flakes out regularly.   About 95% of the time this happens, it won't work as soon as the car is started and never recovers.  I have had about 5% though where it'll be working fine, then suddenly stop playing a song and move to the "waiting for coverage" never to recover.  It's especially annoying when I'm already driving and sometimes on an hour+ drive and it just refuses to work so I have to dig my phone out of my pocket and launch the app and stream from my phone instead.  I hope this can get fixed and this information is helpful!  Pandora Waiting for CoveragePandora Waiting for Coverage

0 Kudos

Dfranks
Local Performer

Is there a solution for this? Mine started doing it today. Wifi is working wont let me log out. 2020 Chevy Silverado

0 Kudos

DanE1
Local Performer

Any updates on this?   It's been an impactful issue (and even a safety one for its distraction) for literally 4+ years now on the Pandora app on GM infotainment.  

0 Kudos