cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honda - Unable to connect

dinkandrews
Local Performer

I did all this and i still get the "NO DEVICE DETECTED". VERY FRUSTRATED!

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi all! Thanks for posting to community, and sorry for any trouble connecting to your Honda vehicles. 

I've escalated your experiences to our engineering team to take a closer look. In the meantime, here are some tips that may help:

Prioritize USB connection: If connected via USB, we recommend ensuring that your vehicle is set to prioritize a USB connection. Since the steps for this differ from model of vehicle and year of vehicle, we recommend checking your owner's manual for specific steps.

Each time you turn your vehicle on, Bluetooth can take up to 30 seconds to connect to a paired phone; you should wait for Bluetooth pairing before connecting to USB. If you plug your USB cable into the iPhone and begin listening to music/content prior to the Bluetooth connection, your audio may be interrupted.

Also, recommend launching the Pandora app prior to connecting to your vehicle and ensuring that Launch from Car is enabled. To do this:

• Open Pandora.
  • Tap Profile.
  • Next select the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  • Then tap Advanced.
  • Under Bluetooth for devices make sure Launch from car is enabled.
Tanner | Community Moderator

- Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies

BuenoGirl
Local Performer

I traded my 2017 Honda HR-V for a 2018 Honda CR-V this weekend. For the last 18 months I had no issues with my Pandora app on my HR-V. It would always start playing when I started the car. I cannot get the app to work on the CR-V. I confirmed I have everything on my phone updated and the phone is paired to the car. The only way I can hear the music is if I’m on the Bluetooth audio app but that way I don’t have access to my stations or to thumb music from the cars screen. If this can’t be fixed there is absolutely no reason to pay for a membership for an app that refuses to work on my car. I have done everything outlined above and still nothing. I get the “No Device Connected” message

0 Kudos

rrsklar3
Local Performer

After a song finishes, many times it just stops. I try everything like removing the charger and replacing it, closing the app on my iPhone and reopening. Nothing helps. The car monitor says either no internet connections or something else I can't remember right now. 

It works on my phone when not connected in car. My charger is good. What is wrong??

There's no update available on my iPhone. 

0 Kudos

WonderJulia
Local Performer

Hi Team, 

Pandora does work with my Honda CRV 2021. While connecting I see the message " .. When stop Launch Pandora App on your phone.. ", after doing it car system can't connect to pandora. 

could you please fix it? 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi all! Thanks for posting to community, and sorry for any trouble connecting to your Honda vehicles. 

I've escalated your experiences to our engineering team to take a closer look. In the meantime, here are some tips that may help:

Prioritize USB connection: If connected via USB, we recommend ensuring that your vehicle is set to prioritize a USB connection. Since the steps for this differ from model of vehicle and year of vehicle, we recommend checking your owner's manual for specific steps.

Each time you turn your vehicle on, Bluetooth can take up to 30 seconds to connect to a paired phone; you should wait for Bluetooth pairing before connecting to USB. If you plug your USB cable into the iPhone and begin listening to music/content prior to the Bluetooth connection, your audio may be interrupted.

Also, recommend launching the Pandora app prior to connecting to your vehicle and ensuring that Launch from Car is enabled. To do this:

• Open Pandora.
  • Tap Profile.
  • Next select the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  • Then tap Advanced.
  • Under Bluetooth for devices make sure Launch from car is enabled.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @rrsklar3 and @WonderJulia! Thank you for posting and sorry for any trouble with your Honda.

@rrsklar3 Can you let me know a little more about your experience:

• The model of your Honda
  • How you're connected to your Honda? USB / Bluetooth
  • Are you using CarPlay or PandoraLink?
  • The Pandora app version (if you need help finding this let me know)

@WonderJulia Can you let me know:

• How your'e connected to your Honda? USB / Bluetooth
  • Are you using CarPlay or PandoraLink
  • When you see the error message is this on the head unit or your phone?
  • The Pandora app version (if you need help finding this let me know)

0 Kudos

jfong2k3
Local Performer

This is also happening to me. HOnda Ridgeline 2021. I use the Pandora Audio (not sure if it is an app, but I will call it that) in the car and when I connect my phone, then pandora on my phone just closes on me.  If I do not use the app in the honda ridgeline then pandora opens just fine. Once I tap on "Pandora" in my Honda, then the app closes on my phone.

iOS14.6

Newly downloaded Pandora app from app store

0 Kudos

Thiklan
Local Performer

2021 Honda CR-V, and I was linked just fine until my phone or the app updated recently; iPhone XR.  Now I can only listen to Pandora via Bluetooth icon, without Pandora features.  I have rebooted and resync’d both after forgetting device on both phone and vehicle, multiple times.  The car monitor tells me “Unsupported.”

0 Kudos

LauraRdz
Local Performer

Same issues with 2015 Si. Ever since I switched to premium. 

0 Kudos