cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Siri in our car while Pandora playing

JoseIbarra
Local Performer

My iPhone 7 is running iOS 13.4.1 and I guess Pandora is current (updates allowed).

Siri will listen to me say something like "Play my thumbs up" and be fine but once Pandora starts Siri does not respond to anything after that...  until I quit Pandora.  In home or in car are the same.

I also notice that if I'm getting turn by turn directions Siri speaks just fine...  until I start Pandora and then Siri goes silent (and still will not listen).

I'm pretty sure in the past Siri would give me turn by turn directions though the car speakers while Pandora was playing but not anymore.

I've gone through the suggested Siri settings found in Pandora help and everything is "on" I think.

Any suggestions/ideas are welcomed.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JoseIbarra Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

I am going to have someone from our Automotive team contact you privately via email to look into this further.

Please keep an eye out for their message. 📬

Thanks for your patience!

0 Kudos

JoseIbarra
Local Performer

The problem goes beyond the car...

If I'm at my desk and say "Hey Siri - play my thumbs up" Siri will play the thumbs up but no other "Hey Siri" will generate a response.  

If I stop/exit/close Pandora then Siri listens again to "Hey Siri".

It is if Siri cannot hear me while Pandora is playing - in the home or in the car.

In the car turn by turn directions are visible on the screen so that part is working still but if Pandora is playing I will not hear anything from Siri - unless I sop/exit/close Pandora.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @JoseIbarra Do you have Pandora's Voice Assistant turned on? If you do, can you try turning it off? Profile > Settings gear > Voice Assistant >Listen for “Hey Pandora.” 

Let me know if this changes anything with Siri. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

JoseIbarra
Local Performer

I remember doing that before but I reinstalled Pandora a few days ago and when I click Profile, Gear, Settings I do not see Voice Assistant listed and I can't remember how I set that up before.

Today's experiment went like this:

Hey Siri...  play my thumbs up.

Thumbs up starts...

Hey Siri - no repsonse.

Stop / pause playback in Pandora

Hey Siri - Siri repsonds (what time is it?)

Star playback again

Hey Siri - no response.

Then I went to Home Depot...

Manually chose a Pandora station which started.

Hey Siri - Siri responds and I ask for directions to Home Depot (I know where that is though).

Siri guides me to Home Depot with voice through the car speakers, Pandora still playing.

Stop Pandora when I get to H.D., do my shopping, get in car.

Manually start same Pandora station.

Hey Siri - Siri responds and I ask for directions to home address (I know where that is too).

Siri guides me home with voice through car speakers, Pandora still playing.

I was wondering if anybody that has an iPhone (iOS) has actually tried to recreate this problem which might seem to be mostly playing thumbs up?  After telling Siri to play thumbs up and Pandor starts, try to get Siri to give you the time of day or weather forecast.

Does yours work flawlessly all the time, it works most of the time, it works some of the time or it works hardly ever?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the feedback @JoseIbarra. I've let our engineers know about your latest experience. 

After consulting with our engineers and experimenting with 'Hey, Siri' using both Pandora and Apple Music, we believe the issue may be related to Siri.  It's worth noting that I'm actually getting the same behavior you are when trying to listen to Apple Music using Siri. Siri won't respond after the music starts playing. 

I would recommend reaching out to Apple support for further help with this.You can get in touch with the Apple support team here.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

BMcC
Local Performer

Hello, looks like this thread is fairly recent. Was there a solution to Siri not hearing’hey Siri’ the second time once music begins playing? Having the same issue on iPhone X, my first iPhone #iosnewb #lazyandoidoldfasionguy

thanks!

0 Kudos