cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline listening + Songs vs. Playlist

inept1
Local Performer

I am new to Pandora and I spent some time placing 100 or so songs in My Collection.  Can I just listen to those songs shuffled or do I have to move them into a station or playlist.  moving them from “my collection to a station or play list seems very cumbersome so I assume I must be doing something wrong.

Also I live in an area where I might lose my sirius signal for a while while driving.  Do I need to download my playlist to keep this from happening ?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TannerPandora

Hi @inept1Welcome to community!

While you should be able to listen and shuffle the songs you have collected in your Songs, it may be easier to create playlist(s) with the songs you like, especially for Offline Listening. When you download a playlist for offline listening, Pandora will download the entire playlist for you, versus you having to download each individual song. So, in this way, you may benefit from creating a playlist.

If you need help creating playlist, I have some steps that may help:

To create a new playlist from your mobile device, go to My Collection.

My Collection shows album art for all of your recently played tracks, but also allows you to sort your "Added" content – whether that might be radio stations, albums or songs.

To add a playlist, filter your Added content by tapping the downward arrow (or "carat") which appears below the album art.

Select Playlist from the menu.

Next, tap + New Playlist. Enter a name for your playlist and tap Next. Finally, use the search bar to find your favorite songs or albums to add.

Keep in mind that you can also create new playlists from the Now Playing screen, or by searching for a particular track. Just tap the ellipsis (...) below the album art, and indicate whether you'd like to add the track to a new playlist or an existing one.

Once you've created a playlist, you can harness the power of Pandora to recommend additional music you might want to add.

++++

Keep in mind, SiriusXM and Pandora currently operate as separate services with their own subscription products. Pandora requires an active internet connection in order to play music. However, if cell service is spotty, Offline Listening is a great feature to use. 

When you lose your mobile connection, Pandora will alert you with a notification to let you know that we are switching you to one of your offline stations. This way you stay connected to your music without major interruptions.

We will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio and add them to your offline listening stations. Pandora Premium subscribers have the ability to choose which additional stations, albums, songs, or playlists are downloaded.

Also, you can switch to Offline Listening at any time, so you can save your data and take the music you love wherever you go.

Hope this helped to answer your questions. Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos