cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora pauses when backgrounded

buffet_time
Underground

In Android Auto in my 2021 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sport on my Pixel 3 the audio playback is fine if I have the Pandora App shown, but If I am navigating with Google Maps and Pandora is in the background it randomly pauses like cuts out and then comes back over and over.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @buffet_time! Thanks for posting. 

Can you clarify, when you're using Google Maps, are their audio directions given? Does this only happen when Google maps is being used?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

buffet_time
Underground

I have audio in Google Maps disabled, and yes this seems to only happen if I have the Google Maps app open and focused, if it's open but im focused on the Pandora App it doesn't have the problem.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@buffet_time Are you connected via bluetooth or USB?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

buffet_time
Underground

USB

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@buffet_time I'm going to create a ticket so we can take a closer look.

I’ve enabled a trace on your account, can you please replicate this issue and let me know the time and date. 

Also, can you send over a bit more info about your phone?

• Model:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

buffet_time
Underground

Model: Pixel 3 (Google Store Unlocked)
Android Version: 11
Build Number: RQ1A.210205.004
Android Security Patch Level: February 5th, 2021
Pandora Version: 2101.1 (Android-tuner 21011004)

I'll reply back with times it happened when it occurs again.

buffet_time
Underground

Times are in Eastern US Time 

2/13/2021: 5:41pm, 5:46pm, 5:51pm, 5:55pm, 5:56pm, 6:05pm, 6:11pm, 6:18pm, 6:28pm, 6:29pm, 6:40pm

TannerPandora

Thanks @buffet_time

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

mnementh61
Local Performer

I have been using Pandora in my 2013 Hyundai Genesis for the past 5 years. First using a pixel 2 XL and now a pixel 5. Only recently have I begun to have issues with the Bluetooth playing of Pandora in my car. Recently upgraded to the pixel 5. The message that I get is that I have somehow prevented my Pandora from operating in the background. Also refers to a battery control issue that maybe interfering with the Pandora playing over Bluetooth in my car.

0 Kudos

mnementh61
Local Performer

I have removed and reinstalled the Pandora app. Immediately received the message that I was having issues with playing in the background, and that battery saver options may be interfering with the app operation. I was not connected to any Bluetooth device at the time.

0 Kudos

Runzachrun
Local Performer

I'm experiencing a similar issue. Did this one get resolved?

0 Kudos

mnementh61
Local Performer

I don't know if you guys did anything but for the last 2 days, since I posted, I have not had any issues playing Pandora in my car. Good job if you did something, lucky me if you didn't.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Runzachrun! Thanks for posting. 

I'd recommend checking the battery optimization settings for your Android. This setting can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded.

Due to the sheer volume of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for each and every device. I recommend looking up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app.

If you own a Samsung device, you may also want to check your Sleeping Apps settings.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @mnementh61! Thanks for posting your experience. I merged your message with another thread that I believe is similar to your post: Pandora pauses when backgrounded

The battery optimization setting on Android phones can interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded.

Sounds like you've already disabled this setting for Pandora on your phone and you're back to listening. If you run into trouble again, feel free to let us know.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos