cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford Sync - Pandora stops playing

concentravity
Local Performer

I'm running Pandora version 2101.1 on a Samsung S9 running Android version 10. My car is a 2017 with the original factory radio.

The issue I'm experiencing is that Pandora will randomly stop playing. It looks almost like the app is crashing because the car won't pick it up again until I restart the app on my phone. Other Bluetooth audio apps like Waze work just fine.

Troubleshooting attempted so far:

• Uninstall and reinstall Pandora
  • Set Pandora not to be put to sleep
  • Tested in another vehicle (Toyota), and it works just fine when connected over Bluetooth.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @concentravity! Thanks for posting and sorry for any trouble playing Pandora in your Ford. 

When connected in your Ford, is this through Bluetooth or USB? Are you using Android Auto?

We've recently released a new app version. I would recommend updating the app and if you're connected via Bluetooth, try re-pairing your connection. Then try Pandora again.

To remove the pairing, please go into the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, find the appropriate connection, and select "Forget this device." Once you've done so, refer to your car's manual for the steps to reconnect the car system to your phone. Using the Voice Commands for your unit (if available) is often the easiest way to do this.

To update Pandora on your device:

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. Touch the menu icon in the upper left and select My apps & games.
  3. Apps with available updates are labeled Update.
  4. Choose any appropriate apps and tap Update.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

Let me know how it goes. 

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ellenandrews717
Local Performer

It is really hard trying to connect to our ford fusion.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ellenandrews717! Thanks for posting. 

Can you tell me a little more about your experience? 

1. What is the year of your Ford Fusion?
  2. What is the make and model of your phone? 
  3. How is your phone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)
  4. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?

Can you let me know what happens when you connect? Do you receive an error message? If so, what does the message say?

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos