cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarPlay: Pandora automatically launches

dpnelson
Underground

This did not work for me. It still opens up constantly. Upon connecting, then upon closing the app. It won't go away. I have unchecked "Enable Launch from Car" under "BluetoothDevices" in the Advanced Settings. What now?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
51 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @dpnelson, sorry to hear that didn't help. 

I'd like to report your experience to our engineering team. Can you confirm the following for me:

• iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

dpnelson
Underground
iOS: 14.8
Pandora: 2108.1
0 Kudos

rseibel35
Local Performer

I have this issue, too, and its very annoying.  There's an option called "enable launch from car" that was turned on. It seems that was supposed to keep Pandora from automatically opening and playing.  It didn't work.  Even worse, when I'm connected to CarPlay, I cannot close the Pandora app even if it's not playing. I know how to close apps on my iPhone, but Pandora refuses to close. I close it, and it will open back up. Every. Single. Time.  This should not happen.  Waze does not automatically open when I connect with CarPlay.  No other apps on my phone automatically open when I connect with Car Play, even the Apple apps.

When will Pandora hire someone that knows how to write code correctly?  And when will there be a solution to this problem?

metallikato
Local Performer

That's the worst part-- I literally can't close the Pandora app while it's not being used, and when I navigate to another app, Pandora immediately shoves itself back to the front. At this point, deleting the app and plugging into CarPlay might as well just result in the app re-downloading itself and jumping in front of me. I understand wanting people to use your app, but this is aggressive

Edit: Suggested thread title: CarPlay pushes Pandora.

dpnelson
Underground

Hello? Did you get my reply? Is there a solution? I've used Pandora since you guys started and don't want to cancel, but this is incredibly aggravating. I still have the same versions as last time I posted. Please fix this.

iOS: 14.8
Pandora: 2108.1

TannerPandora

Hi @dpnelson @metallikato  and @rseibel35 

Sorry for the delay and thanks for providing that info, @dpnelsonI've passed on your experiences and info to our engineering team. I definitely understand how frustrating this experience can be.

We appreciate your continued patience while we investigate.

For any one that may be new to this thread, can you please provide the following info:

• iOS version (Settings > General > About > Version):
  • Pandora version (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen):
  • Make, model, and year of your car:
    • Make and model of the aftermarket stereo you are using (if any).

Please confirm that the Launch from car setting is disabled on your phone.

• Open Pandora.
  • Tap Profile.
  • Next select the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  • Then tap Advanced.
  • Under Bluetooth Devices make sure Launch from car is disabled

Keep in mind that with the Launch from car feature disabled, you'll have to launch Pandora on your phone before you connect your phone to your car via USB or Bluetooth.

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

dpnelson
Underground

Is there any news?

Jaimefine
Local Performer

I also have this issue. iOS 15.0.1, Pandora 2108.1.1-1-97e38d34

Subaru Impreza 2020 with CarPlay. I have the launch from car feature turned off but Pandora keeps opening, starting playing, and relaunching even when I close the app and replaying even if I stop the song and am listening to a podcast via a different app. 

Pmyers02
Local Performer

IOS 14.8

2019 Subaru Outback

same problem as everyone else on this thread.  How has this not been fixed in a month?

wganter
Local Performer

Same issue. Very frustrating. I will delete Pandora until this is fixed. 

iOS 14.8 on an iPhone 11 pro

Pandora 2108.1.1

davolk
Local Performer

IOS 14.8

Pandora 2108.1.1

2014 GMC Terrain

davolk
Local Performer

Oh, it does it on my 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee too.

ntz14
Local Performer

same issue here - 2021 brand new subaru crosstrek and iphone 12 pro max, fully updated to the latest ios 15 version. This is honestly a very unsafe issue as you end up messing with your phone while driving trying to get the app closed and listening to the one you want (in my case, spotify).

I deleted pandora but I still find that the car will stop playing spotify as if its trying to still connect to pandora and then it doesn't find the app. very unsafe and frustrating. 

metallikato
Local Performer

I also have a 2021 Subaru Crosstrek Sport that I recently took in for maintenance, and my iPhone 11 is updated to iOS 15.0.2... Only deleting Pandora fixed the issue. I do know for a fact that if you have Wi-Fi turned on, your phone will try to connect to an open network that you happen to pass in your car, so that's probably why your Spotify cuts out. 

plarrie
Local Performer

Same issue 2021 Subaru Crosstek. IOs 15.1. Pandora 2108.1.1.

Zezzica
Local Performer

I just got a 2019 Subaru STI and it’s doing this constantly. I hope if I uninstall Pandora that will help! Someone fix this!

DebbieMinVA
Local Performer

Count me in as having the same issue. I have a 2021 Subaru Crosstrek. I finally deleted my Pandora app which is too bad because I love using it. This issue is VERY annoying.

kjmc580
Underground

Same issue here in my 2021 Subaru Forester.  This issue literally goes back YEARS as this would happen in my previous car as well.  I can't believe they can't get this right.  I too had to delete the app because it was the only way to get it to stop.

shanek45
Local Performer

I’ve had the same issue for over a year. The silence from Pandora over this is deafening. Hence, the only reason it’s continuing  is because it’s purposeful on their part. Only deletions of their app and accounts will move them to fix the issue.