cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora will not close in CarPlay

Greenfrog1618
Local Performer

When I have my IPhone connected to my car with CarPlay Pandora automatically starts playing. I close the app and it reopens itself and starts planing again. I don’t always want to use pandora when I’m in my car and just want to listen to the radio but need to charge my phone. Please help!

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @DannyH! Thanks for posting. 

This feature is not yet available to everyone. I've gone ahead and made a small change to your account. You should now see the toggle with the steps from my previous post.

Keep in mind, we have received a few reports that the 'Enable Launch From Car' toggle doesn't appear under Bluetooth Devices in Settings. 

If you experience this, please try signing out and back in, then close and relaunch the app.

Let me know if you continue to run into trouble with this. Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

93 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Greenfrog1618 thanks for posting to community!

We are aware of this issue and are investigating. I've gone ahead and passed your info along to our engineers. 

We appreciate your patience in the meantime. ❤️

Tom427
Local Performer

CarPlay will always stop the music playing on my phone as soon as I start the car. It'll ply the current tune from my library for 10 seconds and then switch to Pandora. Every time. So I have to use CarPlay to go to Music and restart the song. How do I have it not default to Pandora. Apple Support says this is a Pandora setting not a Carplay setting. 

TannerPandora

Hey @Tom427 thanks for posting to community!

I'd like to pass this along to our engineers for further investigation. Can you please let me know the following:

• The make and model of your car
  • The model of your iPhone
  • The Pandora version you're currently on (If you need help on where to find this, let me know)

Thanks for the help!

1flychicken
Local Performer

I cannot find the answer to this either. It autoplays as soon as I plug it in. Even though I have call data turned off on my phone. I also don’t have it on my CarPlay options on the screen. It’s bizarre. 

Online I find it says go to Advanced and then uncheck some option about autoplay. But that option doesn’t exist for me? 

TannerPandora

Hi @1flychicken thanks for posting.

I'd like to let our engineers know, can you let me know the following:

• The make and model of your car
  • The model of your iPhone
  • The Pandora version you're currently on (If you need help on where to find this, let me know)

Thanks for the help! 🎧

0 Kudos

Sunnysideup
Local Performer
I have the same issue too. I tuned on the car and pandora keep asking to connect to my car. When I connect via USB for Apple car, it automatically play music from pandora. I have a Subaru Impreza with iPhone 11. The app is 1911.2.
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Sunnysideup thank you for the info. ❤️ I've passed this along to our engineers for further investigation into this behavior. 

We appreciate your patience in the meantime. 🎧

0 Kudos

kcb
Local Performer

I have the same problem - and a step further.

It will automatically start Pandora and when i swipe to close it - it closes...then pops right back open.  I cannot connect to Apple Play if i do'nt want Pandora music - and i dont!  It's a new car - i want to try out Sirius XM.  If I can't fix this i will cancel my Pandora subscription

2020 Subaru Forester

Iphone 8

Pandora 1912.1

Subaru states it' a Pandora prolem

0 Kudos

jbehrens
Local Performer

I also have this problem with my new Subaru Forester 2020. Whenever my Iphone X is attached via USB the pandora app auto-launches on the phone. If I close the app, it simply re-opens. I have to delete the app to use the phone and carplay. Please advise. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hopp9541
Underground

@1flychicken wrote:

I cannot find the answer to this either. It autoplays as soon as I plug it in. Even though I have call data turned off on my phone. I also don’t have it on my CarPlay options on the screen. It’s bizarre. 

Online I find it says go to Advanced and then uncheck some option about autoplay. But that option doesn’t exist for me? 

Same here please help

0 Kudos

Malq
Local Performer

This is not a new problem! It’s been all over the internet since 2016!! Obviously the people answering questions here are either completely uninformed and clueless, or it’s lip service. I find this incredibly insulting, obviously they don’t want to fix it. 

LuizPandora
Pandora
Pandora

Hi @Tom427,

Thank you for reporting. Some head units have CarPlay and custom integrations with Pandora. Some of them attempt to start Pandora multiple times when you connect to your car. Every manufacturer makes their own decisions so that's why it's useful for us to know the car brand.

In Pandora version 2001.1, we added an update as an attempt to prevent the head unit from starting our app when it's already connected to CarPlay. This update worked for several users and I wanted to ask if it resolved the issue for your car, if the behavior of the issue changed, or if you are still experiencing it exactly the same as before.

We appreciate all your feedback!

Luiz | Sr. Software Engineer

0 Kudos

Piker944
Local Performer

I have this same issue with my 2019 Subaru Crosstrek. I have the most recent version of Pandora, iOS, and head unit software. This is making me completely crazy. Repro steps: Turn in car, plug in phone, CarPlay connects. Unlock/open phone and try to do literally anything, Pandora app opens automatically and begins playing. Kill app on phone and it reopens immediately. Only way to play anything else is to lock phone and use CarPlay on head unit to play something else. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for letting us know your experience @Piker944

I would like to report this issue. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks for the help!

++

@LuizPandora they are in a 2019 Subaru Crosstrek with CarPlay. 

0 Kudos

LuizPandora
Pandora
Pandora

Hi @Greenfrog1618 I wanted to check if you still experience this issue on the latest Pandora app version. We rolled out some updates that may have helped.

We observed a spike in user complaints from owners of some particular vehicles since iOS 13 came out. In case you are still experiencing the issue, it would be helpful if you can provide some information about your car's head unit model (or car model if the head unit came with the car).

We really appreciate you posting here!

Luiz | Sr. Software Engineer

0 Kudos

Piker944
Local Performer

* iPhone X

* iOS 13.4.1

* Pandora 2003.2

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up @Piker944

Can you do me a favor and check for a new Pandora update, should be on 2004.2 now. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos

rachelbutts90
Local Performer

how can I fix this issue? My pandora app is updated to the newest version. This is extremely frustrating. I am about to delete pandora from my phone if this can’t not be fixed. 

TannerPandora

Hi @rachelbutts90 thanks for posting and sorry to hear this. 

Would you mind sharing some info about your vehicle that @LuizPandora mentioned in his post below

Specifically, the car's head unit model or car model if the head unit came with the car. Along with the model of your iPhone and the Pandora version you're on. 

Thanks for the help. 

0 Kudos