cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora will not close in CarPlay

Greenfrog1618
Local Performer

When I have my IPhone connected to my car with CarPlay Pandora automatically starts playing. I close the app and it reopens itself and starts planing again. I don’t always want to use pandora when I’m in my car and just want to listen to the radio but need to charge my phone. Please help!

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
93 Replies

Jcpswim
Underground

I have the same issue. Terribly frustrating to the point where I frequently use Spotify now. 2019 Subaru Impreza.

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Jcpswim. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble you've experienced. I completely understand your frustration.

• Which model iPhone are you using to connect?
  • Also, which Pandora version are you on?
    • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Let me know, and I can share this info with the appropriate team. Thanks so much for posting on the community! 

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

Jcpswim
Underground

iPhone X latest updates, Pandora 2004.2.1

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@Jcpswim Thanks so much for getting back to me with those details.

I've gone ahead and reported your experience over to our engineering team for them to review. 

Appreciate your patience while they investigate! 

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

Bluetunes
Local Performer

I’m having the same problem in my 2020 Subaru Crosstrek.  I’d hate to uninstall Pandora for good but I don’t know what else to do. Using an iPhone 11 Pro. 

0 Kudos

Hosesway
Local Performer

We have a 2019 Subaru Ascent, every time I plug in my iPhone, Pandora automatically opens and continues to play. Closing it doesn't help. I've deleted Pandora from carplay and even then it just always defaults back to auto. Extremely frustrating. I've cancelled my account and deleted the app. Problem solved. 

shannstarich
Local Performer

Same car, same issue. Any resolution?

0 Kudos

Csquared04
Local Performer

I have the same issue with my 2020 Subaru Ascent. I don’t know why it does it- it’s so frustrating. I actually end up deleting the app to stop it from happening. 

Megcjones
Local Performer

Same problem with my 2019 Subaru Ascent (iPhoneX). About to delete the app because it’s overriding my work conference calls.

0 Kudos

Kebourque
Local Performer

I have a 2020 Subaru Frontier have have the same problem.  My Pandora is updated.  What can I do other than delete the app?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Kebourque - thanks for posting and sorry for any trouble. 

Prior to connecting with your Subaru, is your iPhone connected to any other bluetooth devices such as a bluetooth speaker or a smart watch?

Can you let me know the following:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

larsonsc10
Underground

@TannerPandora @AlyssaPandora Can one of you please help point us to the right people to get this fixed? This is crazy - too many posts complaints about the auto launching - or auto playing. 

Too many folks disappointed it is an issue that has been going on for years across multiple device platforms and many car makes! can we please get someone to look at this urgently?

• Device & Generation:  - iPhone7plus
  • Carrier: AT&T 
  • iOS version: 13.5.1
  • Pandora version: 2005.2

mod edit: format

TannerPandora

Hi @larsonsc10 thanks for taking the time to post to community! 

I completely understand your frustration, please know that our engineers are working on this issue. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide any additional information on a timeline at the moment but will be making updates in this thread as they are made available to me. 

Thank you for including your device info in your post. I've gone ahead and passed this along. 

We appreciate your continued patience. 

0 Kudos

Penny8468
Local Performer

I’ve also had a similar issue. I will be listening to a podcast on my phone and randomly pandora will open and start playing. If I try to close pandora app it keeps reopening no matter how many times I try to close it 

WilliaminMarin
Local Performer

We've been having this issue since 2017. Had it on our Subaru Forrester (2017 model), and just bought a Subaru Ascent 2020 and have the exact some issue.

Turn on car -> plugin in phone -> audio plays on other song until phone is unlocked -> phone changes to pandora -> force close Pandora, and a few seconds later it changes back to Pandora again. Extremely annoying. Also a paid Pandora subscriber for years, hope I don't have to cancel over this.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13.5.1

Pandora version 2016.1

0 Kudos

Agilbert
Local Performer

Awesome I just stopped my subscription to pandora and am deleting the app now! Crazy they wouldn’t fix the problem instead they loose costumers ... on the other hand Spotify does NOT have this problem with my 2020 Forester

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Agilbert Sorry to hear about the trouble.

We've been working on a solution and would like to see if it'll help resolve this issue you're encountering.

I am going to have someone from our Automotive team contact you privately via email to further assist.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

Spirited14
Underground

I have a 2020 Subaru Forester Sport, and whenever my phone is connected through Car Play the pandora app keeps opening. I keep closing out the app, but it just opens up again and forces me to listen to pandora when I'm trying to enjoy a song on SiriusXM at the moment. It's really annoying, I had to delete the pandora app to fix the issue. 

TannerPandora

Hi Everyone!

We wanted to follow up with you regarding the issue with your Pandora listening experience in the car. Our engineers have been working diligently, and we have added a new feature that we think should help.

First, confirm you have Pandora app version 2006.2 and then use the following steps:

• Open Pandora.
  • Tap Profile.
  • Next select the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  • Then tap Advanced.
  • Under Bluetooth for devices, toggle the 'Enable Launch From Car' button off to disable this.

This should prevent Pandora from launching automatically when your phone connects to the car.

We have received a few reports that the 'Enable Launch From Car' toggle doesn't appear under Bluetooth Devices in Settings. I've also experienced this and have reported it to our engineers for further investigation.

Please try signing out and back in. Then close and relaunch the app. These are the steps that worked for me.

We hope this will help. Please let us know if you're still continuing to run into this issue. 

Thanks again for posting to community!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Spirited14! Thanks for posting! Sorry for the inconvenience. 

We've added a new feature that might be helpful. Take a look at my post here and let me know how it goes. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos