cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora will not close in CarPlay

Greenfrog1618
Local Performer

When I have my IPhone connected to my car with CarPlay Pandora automatically starts playing. I close the app and it reopens itself and starts planing again. I don’t always want to use pandora when I’m in my car and just want to listen to the radio but need to charge my phone. Please help!

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
93 Replies

Jcpswim
Underground

Does not work for me either in my 2019 Impreza. Running Version 2009.2 on iPhone Xs. I’ve been trying to fix this for a year now. All I’ve got is a response that they’re passing it on to an engineer.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @RSatira

This feature is not yet available to all listeners. I've made a small change to your account and it should now be available. 

First, please confirm you have the latest version of the Pandora app (version 2009.1) and then use the following steps:

• Open Pandora.
  • Tap Profile.
  • Next select the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  • Then tap Advanced.
  • Under Bluetooth for devices, toggle the 'Enable Launch From Car' button off to disable this.

This should prevent Pandora from launching automatically when your phone connects to the car.

Please note: We have received a few reports that the 'Enable Launch From Car' toggle doesn't appear under Bluetooth Devices in Settings. 

If you experience this, please try signing out and back in, then close and relaunch the app.

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@Jcpswim 

We have received a few reports that the 'Enable Launch From Car' toggle doesn't appear under Bluetooth Devices in Settings. 

If you experience this, please try signing out and back in, then close and relaunch the app. This may need to be performed several times before the toggle appears. 

0 Kudos

Dlorenz
Local Performer

I am having this same issue, iPhone 11 and 2019 Subaru Impreza. I have signed in and out multiple times and updated the app, but there is no option. 

0 Kudos

Fkingsley
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. 2019 Subaru Forester. Version 2019.2 iPhone XR 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Fkingsley and @Dlorenz! Thanks for posting to community. 

@Dlorenz - this option is not available to all listeners just yet. 

I've gone ahead and made a small change to your account and it should now be available. 

First, please confirm you have the latest version of the Pandora app (version 2009.2.1) and then use the following steps:

• Open Pandora.
  • Tap Profile.
  • Then tap Advanced.
  • Under Bluetooth for devices, toggle the 'Enable Launch From Car' button off to disable this.

This should prevent Pandora from launching automatically when your phone connects to the car.

**Please note: We have received a few reports that the 'Enable Launch From Car' toggle doesn't appear under Bluetooth Devices in Settings. 

If you experience this, please try signing out and back in, then close and relaunch the app. You may need to do this a few times. 

Let me know how it goes. 

0 Kudos

HyperTsunami
Local Performer

Same issue. Pandora constantly opening on its own. 

car: 2019 Subaru Ascent

phone: iPhone X

Pandora version: 2009.2.1

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @HyperTsunami! Thanks for posting.

I've gone ahead and made a small change to your account.

Sounds like you're on the latest version of Pandora. You can use the following steps to get started:

• Open Pandora.
  • Tap Profile.
  • Then tap Advanced.

**Please note: We have received a few reports that the 'Enable Launch From Car' toggle doesn't appear under Bluetooth Devices in Settings. 

If you experience this, please try signing out and back in, then close and relaunch the app. You may need to do this a few times. 

Let me know how it goes. 

0 Kudos

ljerrim9
Local Performer

Tanner,

I have a 2020 Subaru Forester Touring and an iPhone 8.  I have the same problem of can't close Pandora without it continually opening automatically. I have deleted and reinstalled the Pandora App on my phone and still do not see :

I have not such settings under Advanced. I only have "audio quality, audio messages and auto-lock". Is there some trick to get this? 

0 Kudos

Dlorenz
Local Performer

So the setting now shows, but the problem is that my phone is connected via USB, not Bluetooth, to CarPlay. I disabled the option, but this is still an issue where Pandora force opens every time my phone is connected and even if I close it. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Dlorenz

I've received some feedback for Subaru listeners that are connected via USB. There is a feature in the Subaru head-unit which can cause auto-launch when connected.

I recommend checking with your owners manual for specific instructions on how to disable this feature in your vehicle.

Let me know how it goes and if it helped at all. 

In the meantime, I've updated my report with your feedback/experience. Our engineers are continuing to work on this. 

Thanks for all your patience. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ljerrim9! Thanks for posting. 

The experiment is not available for everyone just yet. I'm happy to make that adjustment on your account, however, we've received feedback that this may not be helpful for Subaru users at this time. 

I've gone ahead and included your information on our report for this. Our engineering team is continuing to work hard on this.  

Thanks for your continued patience!

0 Kudos

KH3989
Local Performer

Hi, also having this issue on my new 2020 Subaru Forester and iPhone on latest iOS and Pandora app version!

0 Kudos

Erdmanator
Local Performer

Hey Pandora is there an answer to the app opening automatically when my phone connects to CarPlay? 

Looks like the only answer is to delete this ad infested application which i have enjoyed since the early 2000’s.

Scenario1: Plug in usb, app opens.  Close app it opens again and plays taking over the radio.  Pause it, randomly starts playing again sometimes.

Scenario 2: same as above, however if I want to play music from pandora it keeps pausing and going back to radio.  

IPhone SE 2020, iOS 14.1, Pandora 2010.1.

0 Kudos

BFurr13
Local Performer

Same issue in my 2019 Subaru Ascent and iPhone on latest iOS and latest Pandora app version!

0 Kudos

kyleed8
Local Performer

Pandora App: Profile: Advanced: "Disable" Enable Launch from Car. I have a 2013 Honda Accord with the Pandora app built-in. Pandora would automatically play, even when the app was closed. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @kyleed8! Thanks for posting your experience. 

I'm speaking with some engineers on this. It sounds like you're using PandoraLink vs. CarPlay.

Can you do me a favor and please take a photo of your Honda's head unit with Pandora on the screen and also a screenshot of your phone, when it's connected. 

Also, could you let know some phone details:

• Device & Generation:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

You can include the photo in your next post. Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Erdmanator and @KH3989! Thanks for posting. 

The 'Launch from Car' feature should now be available for all listeners. If you aren't seeing it, please confirm you're on the latest version of Pandora. 

You can use the following steps to get started:

• Open Pandora.
  • Tap Profile.
  • Then tap Advanced.

*Please note: We have received feedback from listeners with Ford and Subaru vehicles that still continue to experience this issue.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

KristinaB
Local Performer

That’s all well and good if the problem only happened when connecting via Bluetooth, but it also happens when connecting via USB. This can’t be that hard of a problem to solve. With all the money from the tons of ads, I’d think Pandora has plenty of money to hire some extra engineers to fix the problem. Or I maybe the simple solution is to File 13 the app.

0 Kudos

Matildajr
Local Performer

Hello. I am having the same problem and would appreciate the help too 🙂

0 Kudos