cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora won’t play in CarPlay

Sh7
Local Performer

I have a gmc truck 2020 and iPhone 7. Pandora stopped working with myGMC CarPlay.my iOS version is 14.5 and my Pandora version is 2011.1. I’ve logged out of Pandora and logged back in several times. I can’t play Pandora on Bluetooth. The people at the dealership said the CarPlay was ok. It was working fine and then it would play one song and stop. Now I can’t get it to work at all.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Sh7! Thanks for posting. 

Can you tell me a little more about what is happening when you try to play Pandora on CarPlay:

• Does the app appear non-responsive in CarPlay?
  • Can you open the app, but are not able to play music?
  • Does music appear to play, but there is no sound?
  • Do you receive any type of error message? If so, can you tell me what it says.

In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your account that may help us diagnose what may be happening. For this trace to be useful, I'll need you to uninstall and reinstall the app on your phone, connect to CarPlay and replicate the issue once more. Let me know the time and date you were able to replicate so I can take a closer look. 

Thanks for the help! 🙂

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Sh7
Local Performer

I was able to connect to CarPlay and Pandora played one song and the message I get is unable to create your station and stopped playing. I uninstalled and reinstalled Pandora. I tried using Bluetooth to get music and got the same message.

0 Kudos

Sh7
Local Performer

Hi Tanner, I forgot to give the time I replicated. It was today at 12:50.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the info @Sh7! I forgot to ask if this only happens when connected in your vehicle?

0 Kudos

Sh7
Local Performer

Hi Tanner. Answer to your question. Yes this only happens in my truck. I can play Pandora in my house fine. I can get Pandora to play on Bluetooth sometimes in my truck but after one or two songs it won’t play any more songs. I try other stations but nothing plays. I get poor network connection messages and sometimes I don’t get any messages. 

0 Kudos

freddielugtu
Underground

I’m having this issue after I updated the Pandora app on my iPhone 11X Pro Max yesterday. I plugged my phone into the USB port in my 2020 CR-V. Now it won’t play. It’s stuck on buffering. I reset the audio unit in the vehicle and even reinstalled the app on my phone and neither worked. 

I updated the Pandora app the other day to version 2012.1. Ever since, I haven't been able to use Pandora when connected to Carplay.  I didn't have any issues before the update.  I have it installed on my iPhone 11 Pro Max iOS 14.4.  I tried rebooting my phone, uninstalling and reinstalling Pandora, and even rebooted the head unit in my 2020 Honda CR-V.  

Now it mostly gets stuck in "buffering" or no internet connection on phone (which I do have and never had issues with that before) or it plays one song and then goes to buffering.  

I see this has been a common issue with a lot of customers.  What are the fixes that need to be made?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @freddielugtu! Thanks for posting your experience. Sorry to hear you're having trouble. 

I've merged both your post here to keep things organized. Can you tell me if this only happens when connected to CarPlay via USB.

If you connect to your vehicle via bluetooth (not through CarPlay) does Pandora play normally?

We've just released the latest version of the app today, 2101.1. Can you please update your Pandora app and try again, let me know if you're still having the same trouble. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos

freddielugtu
Underground

After updating to the latest version (2101.1)  per your request, Pandora now works properly with both bluetooth and Carplay.   Thank you for your help!

Jspringr
Local Performer

I am having the same issues with buffering  with CarPlay in my 2021 GMC. The connection is via WiFi, works on all my other platforms just not CarPlay. My other apps within CarPlay work just fine. Currently running 2103.1. 

0 Kudos