cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora works only half the time in my 2018 Honda HRV

LauraliePhoto
Local Performer

Sometimes when using Pandora in my car, everything works as expected, both via Bluetooth and the Pandora app that's built into the car's computer. Today, it took me 20 minutes to get anything to play, and it was hit or miss what stations and playlists would work. When accessing the playlist I wanted to use, Pandora scanned through every song, said "buffering" and nothing would play. I didnt have this issue with PandoraPlus, but since upgrading to Premium, I've had terrible difficulty. Do I have to downgrade to be able to use the app in my car?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @LauraliePhoto thanks for posting to community. Sorry to hear you've had trouble in your car. 

Could you provide the following information so I can investigate?

1. What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?

2. How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)

3. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?

Let me know and I'll follow up. 

Tanner | Community Moderator
~ New Music: New Music Monday
~ Check out Tip #16 Alarm Clock from Tanner's Tips
> > Follow us on Twitter @PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

LauraliePhoto
Local Performer
  1. iPhone 11 Pro Max
  2. Pandora App Version: 1910.3
  3. Phone is connected via Bluetooth and USB. USB seems to work better. using the Pandora app on my car's menu is almost pointless, from my observation
  4. No Apple CarPlay

Hi Tanner, thanks for following up. Please see above for my answers. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the info @LauraliePhoto!

I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to keep using Pandora like you normally would. 

Also, since I've enabled this trace, would you mind uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap the tiny "x" that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

Thanks for the help! 

Tanner | Community Moderator
~ New Music: New Music Monday
~ Check out Tip #16 Alarm Clock from Tanner's Tips
> > Follow us on Twitter @PandoraSupport

0 Kudos