cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to connect Pandora in various vehicles after 2208.1

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 10/6/22

I'd like to again thank everyone for posting their trouble with connecting Android devices to Pandora in the car. We understand how frustrating this experience can be and wanted you to know that we're working hard to resolve this issue.

If you're new to this thread and experience an issue connecting to Pandora with your Android, feel free to post. Your information will be passed along to our engineering ticket.

Updates will continue to be posted in this thread as they are given to the Community Team.

In the meantime, these steps may help to connect to your vehicle:

• First, make sure your phone is not connected to your vehicle via Bluetooth.
  • Then, launch Pandora on your phone before starting you car.
  • Once Pandora is playing, then connect to your vehicle via Bluetooth.

Thank you all for your continued patience.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Pandora Update: 9/20/22

Hi everyone! Thanks for posting your experience to community.

Since many of you are having trouble on various Android phones and in different vehicles I've gone ahead and merged all related posts into one thread to help stay organized with updates and information.

If you're new to this thread, please note that this is for Android users who are unable to connect to Pandora in their vehicle or in-vehicle device with version 2208.1 or later.

An internal ticket has been created and our engineering teams are investigating. Updates will be made in this thread as they are made available to us.

We appreciate your continued patience while we look into this.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
393 Replies

llangford424
Local Performer

Same issue in 2015 civic Pandora app used to work until about 8-15-22 after an update. Version 2208.2. Using Android Motorola G Power. Now it says "No device found" and I have checked the settings in Pandora and have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Please advise if there's anything else I need to try. Thanks 

Updated Pandora to 2209.1.1 still not working.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

XtheEdgeX
Opening Act

My app just updated to v.2209.1.1 but still will not connect in my Chevy.

0 Kudos

rtpalazzo
Local Performer

I can no longer connect via Bluetooth or aux cord to Pandora after I updated to version 2208.2.  Side note: the app store shows Pandora at version 2209.1, but does not give me the option to update, even though my installed version is 2208.2. 

I've already tried uninstalling the app, and disconnecting and reconnecting via Bluetooth, but again, it also doesn't work with the aux cord.  This all worked fine until the update. The car does not allow you to plan Pandora using the "ipod" source or the Bluetooth source, because the iPhone just shows "auxilliary Pandora", when its connected via aux or bluetooth, on its screen with no ability to access Pandora controls on the phone itself during that time.

As stated in the subject, I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max, and a 2015 Acura MDX.  Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos

Mrprovy
Underground

Still not fixed.  I'm sticking with version 2208.2 since my Chevrolet still works, even though my Pioneer doesn't.  Here's a suggestion fire Pandora...revert back to the software used prior to September 2022 🤔

barnesmjsa
Underground

Same issue.

Subaru Forester, 2016, stock head unit.

Samsun Galaxy S10

Pandora 2209.1.1

Can use it via bluetooth but not through starlink.

I can't F'ing win with ANY of these subscription services!!!

How do I downgrade to what just worked, Pandora???!!

0 Kudos

KK9802
Local Performer

I've been listening to pandora in my car forever. Suddenly, my android won't play pandora anymore. It just spins and says that I need to start pandora from my mobile device. Pandora is open on my phone but it still won't play. I've uninstalled and re-installed it. I've even changed storage and battery settings. I've even gone as far as doing a factory reset and it still won't play. Everything else connects through the car though. 

0 Kudos

Cemge
Local Performer

I read that Pandora is shutting down in November. Is the lack of a solution for the car connection problem part of the exit strategy?

0 Kudos

BNelson
Local Performer

17 crosstrek. App worked fine until last week. It started and ran initially. Next time I started up the car on the same day the app on the head unit went to unable to connect and stayed that way ever since. Pandora played (plays) fine through bluetooth option but that doesnt help as far as safety for when I want to change stations so I end up having a hate listen sometimes. Recently updated pandora to version 2209.1 still doing the same thing.

XtheEdgeX
Opening Act

I can't find any info on that. Only thing I've found is Pandora shut down Next Big Sound LAST November.

0 Kudos

texasxindy
Underground

I just tested my wife's phone in my 2014 Silverado and Pandora worked just fine both on the Media option and the Pandora option on my MyLink system in my truck.  She has an Android version 12 phone and is using Pandora version 2208.1.

I then tried my phone again which is an Android version 9 and has Pandora Version 2209.1.

Hope this information helps.

Am also forwarding this to Pandora Support rep that I have been in email contact with.

0 Kudos

Dc10boy
Underground

Alright Pandora, I'm gonna admit, I'm getting pissed. This has gotten ridiculous. It's been over a month since your update bricked our car functionality. Two subsequent updates haven't even addressed the issues. The short term answer is simple. Allow us to install the earlier version that works until you figure this mess out. You at least owe this to your PAYING customers.

maulsith
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue, phone not connecting with Pandora starlink app

Phone: Google pixel 2 xl

Android version: 11

Pandora version: 2209.1.1

Car is 2017 Subaru Crosstrek

0 Kudos

mssoprano28
Local Performer

My Pandora app stopped working in my 2019 Subaru Forester is there anything I can do

0 Kudos

SAS18
Opening Act

I was able to load an older version of the Pandora app from this site:

https://apkcombo.com/pandora/com.pandora.android/download/phone-2203.1-apk

I can't vouch for the safety of downloads from this site, but it worked OK for me (so far).  You should also go to the Play Store and turn off auto updates for Pandora.

0 Kudos

drmrboy314
Local Performer

I have a 2017 Toyota Yaris iA. It will work through Bluetooth but not through my car installed Pandora app. It was working fine but then just stopped. 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I've cleared data and cache. 

Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos

SAS18
Opening Act

I was able to load an older version of the Pandora app from this site:

https://apkcombo.com/pandora/com.pandora.android/download/phone-2203.1-apk

I can't vouch for the safety of downloads from this site, but it worked OK for me (so far).  You should also go to the Play Store and turn off auto updates for Pandora.

drmrboy314
Local Performer

Thank you! I've just deleted and uninstalled and cleared data. I've installed from your link and ready to go try it out!

Thanks again! 

0 Kudos

drmrboy314
Local Performer

I went out to my car and it works! 

And I did turn off the auto update. 

This tells me Pandora has a big in their last update.

Thanks so much!! 

0 Kudos

drmrboy314
Local Performer

Sas18 just sent her this link..

Delete your Pandora app. Go into apps and uninstall. Deleting will only disable. 

Install grub this link... https://apkcombo.com/pandora/com.pandora.android/download/phone-2203.1-apk

Then go to Play store, go to Pandora, click on the 3 dots in your right corner and turn off auto update. 

Sas18 told me that they weren't sure it was a trusted site bit it worked for them and me. 

Spread the word. 

Good luck

0 Kudos

6JZ9
Local Performer

Kenwood DDX372BT will play my music via Pandora from my phone but won't show songs and let me select songs, show info etc. When I'm in system, Bluetooth devices there's a Pandora tab that used to be highlighted when connected which now it's not and when I try to select that tab nothing happens..?  

0 Kudos