cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playback stops when connected with Bluetooth

Mxforlife2002
Local Performer

So here's my problem I have my phone hooked up to my bluetooth on my car I can take phone calls through my car, but for some reason my Pandora will not play through my Bluetooth on my car anymore   Any ideas as to what it could be?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
15 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Mxforlife2002 thanks for posting to community! 

Let's try some troubleshooting, see if we can get you back to listening. 

Here are a couple of things to try:

• Ensure that the Pandora app is up to date (If you need specific steps, let me know.)
  • Try re-pairing the connection between your car and the phone.
    • To remove the pairing, please go into the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, find the appropriate connection, and select "Forget this device."
  • Uninstall and then reinstall the app.

Let me know if you're still having trouble playing Pandora in your car. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

capnwjs2
Local Performer

I cant locate any mention of bluetooth on my phone, where is it?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Can you let me know the make and model of your mobile phone @capnwjs2👍🏻

0 Kudos

jbusch
Local Performer

I went to play my music today in my car via Bluetooth, it played the first song fine, but when I slipped to another song, it will no longer play the audio, but it shows that the song is still playing. I already tried clearing the data, reinstall the app, made sure it said to launch from car in the Pandora app. Any suggestions? I would appreciate it.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Sorry to hear that @jbusch.

Can I get a little more info about your vehicle and phone so I can investigate.

1. What is the make, model and year of your vehicle?

2. If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?

3. What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?

4. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?

5. Have you experienced this issue only when in the car, or also when listening on your phone outside the car?

Thanks for the help. Let me know.

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

0 Kudos

JLF
Underground

I'm having the same problem on a 2017 Audi A4.  I'm not using carplay but connecting by Bluetooth to the vehicle MMI.  This started a few days ago.  Very frustratging

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @JLF

Just to confirm, playback with stop playing after each song while only connected via Bluetooth in your car?

Can you tell me a bit more about your phone?

• Make and model?
  • Which Pandora version are you on? (If you need help finding this, let me know)

Thanks!

0 Kudos

JLF
Underground

Sorry I should have included

Pandora version: 2010.1.1

Phone: iPhone 8 IOS 14.0.1

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @JLF! Thanks for the info. 

I created a new post since this is a little different than with CarPlay. Super weird that this is happening with bluetooth. 

I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. While the trace is enabled, I'd like for you to do the following:

1. Remove your current bluetooth pairing: please go into the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, find the appropriate connection, and select "Forget this device."
  2. Uninstall Pandora on your phone.
  3. Reinstall Pandora on your phone.
  4. Repair  your bluetooth connection between your phone and your car.
  5. Replicate the playback issue once more taking note of the time and date. 

I'll be able to take closer look at the trace log for any possible errors. Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

JLF
Underground

Tanner,

I just deleted/reloaded Pandora and disconnected/reconnected the Bluetooth in my car.  Simple test (one song) worked fine.  I'll monitor for a few days and let you know if the problem returns

TannerPandora

Sounds good, @JLF! Have a great rest of your Friday. 🙌🏻

0 Kudos

Beachbabe
Local Performer

Oh I am having the same issues when I’m connected to the Bluetooth in my jeep wrangler but not experiencing the same when I’m connected to any of my Bluetooth devices at home. And it seems to be getting worse. I have completely disconnected my device and reconnected like  suggested in another community post and that didn’t not work.  My phone is an iPhone 11 and my wrangler  is a 2017 but I’m debating getting rid of Pandora because it’s becoming increasingly annoying. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @Beachbabe! 🏖 Thanks for posting your experience. Sorry to hear this is happening. 

I moved your message over to our Automotive board to help keep things a little organized. Sounds like you've done some troubleshooting already. Looks like you've disconnected your BT connection and uninstalled/reinstalled the app on your phone. 

Could you provide the following information so I can investigate?

1. Does this happen on all content, such as stations, albums, playlists, songs?
  2. If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?
  3. What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  4. Are you able to connect to your Jeep via USB? If so, does the same issue occur?
  5. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

0 Kudos

DWleman
Local Performer

when ever my truck Bluetooth connects pandora the songs will play for a second then stop, then play again. Never a clean song all the way through. Any thoughts? 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @DWleman! Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're having trouble in your truck

Could you provide the following info? I'll take a closer look. 

1. What is the make, model and year of your vehicle?
  4. Is this only happening when connected via Bluetooth? Are you able to connect via USB?
  5. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?
  6. Have you experienced this issue only when in the car, or also when listening on your phone outside the car?

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

0 Kudos