cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playback stops when using Android Auto

Ginlaan
Local Performer

I have a android head unit in my car. The head unit runs pandora app no problems. When I log my phone into android auto I see the song selection just fine and the icon for pandora  but when I tap the play button it starts to play but then abruptly pauses after 1 sec. I can switch stations I can browse around no issue. I am connected usb. I also noticed if I unlock my phone from android auto and open pandora on my phone the same exact scenario plays out. I tap play button music plays for 1 sec and then it pauses it self. I have to restart phone to get pandora to play again. Plug usb and start android auto pandora starts to pause after 1 sec. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Ginlaan Thanks for posting to community! Have you tried any troubleshooting steps for your Android yet?

If not, lets try the following:

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*
  1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Let me know if you need help signing back in.

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Harg
Local Performer

Having the exact same problem and solution did not work.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Harg! Thanks for posting. 

The steps above were given to start the troubleshooting process, this wasn't intended to be the solution. 

Can you tell me more about your car and device?

• Make and model of your vehicle?
  • Make and model of your mobile?
  • Pandora version (Let me know if you need help finding this)
  • When playback stops, are there any error messages? If so, what does it say?
  • When playback stops, does it appear that the music is playing but no sound?
  • Is 'Launch From Car' enabled? (If you need help finding this, let me know).

Thanks for the help. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Reimelpw
Local Performer

Having this issue in one of the vehicles. VW Atlas 2020.5 tech load. 

After one pandora song, no new song is downloaded. It displays next song but nothing happens. 

Tried memory allocation, cleared data, also happens over wifi as well as USB cable.

0 Kudos