cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarPlay - Plays the wrong songs

Fastlane
Local Performer

I asked this before but why can’t it just play the song I pick from my radio?  Works on app but CarPlay is very unreliable distracting when driving messing with the phone to play the right music!  Why? Why can’t it just play the song or album I pick. This **ahem** to pay all this money and be mad because it doesn’t work. How do I fix it. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Fastlane! Thanks for posting. 

I'll need a little more info to help investigate your experience. When you choose a track from a playlist, Pandora will play a different song? Does it appear to play another track in the playlist or a completely unrelated track? 

Does this only happen when selecting tracks from playlists?

Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Pete_toyota
Underground

I have problems also. Pandora and Carplay don't seem to play together very well. All I want to do is listen to my downloaded  Pandora playlists and when it does work it comes up with a list of individual songs I never heard of before. I try to play them and it looks like they are playing but there is no sound. Pandora on Carplay should be banned, it is a distraction to driving. On my iPhone, I can select playlists and then select a playlist and everything works fine. I download and make playlists because they have terrible cell coverage here. I might have to switch to Apple music.

Fastlane
Local Performer

Yes it picks a song out of my playlist and will not stop playing. Only can switch it from the phone. 

0 Kudos

nnicolen
Local Performer

This has been my experience as well. I am unable to select a song from a playlist while in CarPlay mode, which is kind of annoying if I want to listen to something from my thumbs list or replay a song.

The only time I can select a song I want to listen to is if I select the song before I plug the phone into the car (before CarPlay is activated). To continue listening to preferred songs, I would have to select from the phone itself, rather than the car’s display.

I have an iPhone 12pro and pandora plus and all software is up to date with the latest versions.

0 Kudos