cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth - Songs skip when playing in car

mad4softball347
Underground

When I am connected to a Bluetooth device, songs Skip before they are over. I have cleared the cache and data. Updated the app. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app. This is making my commute to work super frustrating! 😞

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @mad4softball347 thanks for the info. Have you tried any other troubleshooting steps? If not, I have a few suggestion we can look into. 

First, from your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*
  1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Second, if you have a battery saver or task manager app, make exceptions for Pandora or try turning it off completely. You can adjust these settings in the App info section of your device. To get to the App info for Pandora: 

• Either long press on the icon on the home screen, then tap the (i) that appears, or

• Go to your Android Settings, then Apps & Notifications, then Pandora. From there, tap Advanced > Battery >Background restriction. You will be prompted to remove the restriction. 

• You can also find helpful steps here.

Let me know how it goes! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @mad4softball347. 👋

Sorry for any frustration this has caused. I completely understand where you're coming from.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Which Bluetooth device are you connecting to when this happens? (Speaker, earbuds, etc.)
  • What is the make and model of your mobile device?

Let me know.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

mad4softball347
Underground

When I connect to the bluetooth "car multimedia" in my truck a song will play 1-1.5 minutes and then stop. When I open the app, it will then play the next song for 1-1.5 minutes. It just keeps going like that.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @mad4softball347 thanks for the info. Have you tried any other troubleshooting steps? If not, I have a few suggestion we can look into. 

First, from your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*
  1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Second, if you have a battery saver or task manager app, make exceptions for Pandora or try turning it off completely. You can adjust these settings in the App info section of your device. To get to the App info for Pandora: 

• Either long press on the icon on the home screen, then tap the (i) that appears, or

• Go to your Android Settings, then Apps & Notifications, then Pandora. From there, tap Advanced > Battery >Background restriction. You will be prompted to remove the restriction. 

• You can also find helpful steps here.

Let me know how it goes! 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

mad4softball347
Underground

I had already cleared the data, but turning off the battery restriction worked. Thank you!

Music923
Local Performer

I have cleared all the cache, checked the batter. Cleared data, Uninstalled and done everything else I can and the songs still continue to skip with Bluetooth in my car. I just had a system update on my android. Could this be causing problems?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Music923! Thanks for posting, sorry to hear this is happening. 

Does this occur only when in the car? If you're connected to another device, like a bluetooth speaker does the same thing occur?

Does this happen on all stations?

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jeffsnader
Local Performer

I have the same issue in our 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 430 head unit.  I have been a Pandora fan since it came out. 

Pandora was installed in a Samsung S8 and it worked great for many years.  To provide my wife with her choice of music, I upgraded to Premium Family.  This is when the skipping started.  My dealer felt the issue is one of the bluetooth chipset in the Jeep.  Others disagree. 

I upgraded to a Samsung S21 and skipping continues in our Jeep.  Very annoying.  I have tried using a Motorola Bluetooth receiver and it skips too.  Jeep dealer assures me the Cherokee's system has the latest flash and all that.  Pandora also skips when played on my 2021 Harley Davidson CVO with BOOMII head unit and 2 400 watt amplifiers.  Really frustrating.

I have followed all previous thread solutions including reloading all phone software, installing Pandora, clearing APP cache and data, restarting phone, logging back into Pandora, trying phone again and the music still skips.  While performing last iteration and then testing in Jeep, I am on property in my garage and wi-fi and cellular data both provide strong signals.  Switching between cellular and wi-fi does not make any difference is sound quality.

Interestingly enough, another user mentioned that his Buds disconnected after 4 minutes.  mine just disconnected after 3:50 seconds.  ARGH!  I reconnected and this time with 95% charge, they disconnected after 1:35 seconds.

My Galaxy Buds are not skipping songs but they will not stay connected to the app.  While typing I am using my Buds and this is the 3rd time they have disconnected.  Disappointing as they do not disconnect in Amazon Music.

Please fix these issues or I will have to use another change music source providers.  We have 12 Sonos channels in our house.  I prefer Pandora over Amazon Music but am unwilling to pay 2 subscriptions for something this simple.  Please fix your issues.

Regards, Jeff Snader

0 Kudos